Lt. Commander
# 141
01-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkhan
It would be really nice if STO had a more "Real" feeling to flying through sectors .
Man, I love comments like this. REAL feeling of flying through space, eh?

So when you played EVE you REALLY felt like a being that was bred to be intimately connected to an egg shaped pod cradled in jelly and unable to step foot on a planet?

Well if you did, that's fine. You immersed yourself in a flawed game that did what it does well. Cool.

So I personally played EVE for almost 6 years. I didn't take it that seriously, but hey, to each their own.

Now, bend an ear. I am immersed in THIS game in just that way. Just like you did.

Oh wait, what? You say that you're not that much of a nerd.

Okay. Either am I.

I just play what I like.

You should do the same thing.

And get outdoors occasionally. The pasty skin thing is not healthy.
Lt. Commander
# 142
01-31-2010, 06:48 AM
I was only referring to ship movement and combat. That I would would follow Eve's lead. The idea of targeting diferrent weapons to diff targets, and moving and manuevering by commands and not by direct control seems to be a lot more like star trek than does the current system, which feels more star wars.

All the rest eve has to offer I would leave behind. The only thing I would like to see is space combat and moving to follow the EVE model.

I imagine that is what most of us who say we wish it were more like EVE mean. I wouldn't want the rest of what EVE is to be emulated in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 143
01-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masclobo View Post
I was only referring to ship movement and combat. That I would would follow Eve's lead.
Eve is submarines in space. I'd like to see BSG style space combat where inertia exists.