Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Lots of hue and cry over the various changes to crafting. Rightly so. Here's another one that probably got missed, but is also kinda important. It relates to the things I tend to call the 'Romulan unique weapons':

Plasma Piercing Beam Rifle
Plasma Charged Burst Assault
Plasma Long-range Assault Minigun
Plasma Repeater Pistol

Common ones are available anywhere that sell Plasma weapons(The Romulan Flotilla even ONLY sells these weird weapons, if you want to know what I speak of and don't want to bother hunting). They all have something odd about them. Most of them use the Plasma Energy 'ammo' system, introduced with Legacy for most of these specifically. They are or were interesting and effective enough.

You also could only upgrade them from Common to blue/purple versions via the old Dil store. They did not drop in the world, they were never craftable even under the old system, and the Romulan rep store never carried Romulan Plasma versions of them.

And of course, they're not craftable under the new system, either.

With the gutting of the dil store, we've also lost all of these.

Maybe they'll be re-introduced later?
Career Officer
# 2
07-22-2014, 02:10 PM
I agree. These were my new favorite weapons when LoR came out and now they seem to have been quietly swept under the rug. I'd love to see them added to the crafting system. It would be such a waste otherwise. I get the impression they're the redheaded stepchildren though, with the devs subtly trying to phase them out instead of putting them on equal footing with the game"s other weapons.
Career Officer
# 3
07-22-2014, 02:59 PM
I would be happy if they just altered the old weapon types to the new styles. Old plasma rifles looked like power washers and not a rifle. The weapons that came out with LoR looked like weapons.
Captain
# 4
07-22-2014, 03:12 PM
I usually buy and give the white versions to my other faction toons as I level up, my rom has the dill store version of each, they are awesome weapons ( as said before they look like weapons as well ). Dont know why they have removed them?
Captain
# 5
07-23-2014, 06:42 PM
I got a couple while I could. Yes they will be missed as I was after a couple more since they was different. I wouldn't mind seeing other versions of these like phaser, disruptor, etc.

From what I read, they removed them for now. Until they can find a balance and bring them back. I guess they saw something on ground PVP or PVE they didn't like well. So they need to adjust them. I say some kind of nerf.
Captain
# 6
07-23-2014, 06:46 PM
They have been removed from the store? What a loss (for the umpteenth time).
I'm just here until Smirk replies.