Lt. Commander
# 1 Unexpected Up Time
01-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Like the topic says, Sure am glad i paid and prepordered for this game, would it be too much trouble to be able to play the game during head start?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 10:51 AM
The open beta and headstart are free. If you paid money, that money went to the retailer as an insurance that you're not going to cancel your pre-order. Cryptic has not received a single dollar, euro or whatever from anyone who is playing this game right now. So you did NOT pay for the game and you did NOT pay for the headstart.

Considering this I think it's a great job that Cryptic is working hard to get the server back up all the time. That means it won't happen when the game goes live. It is only after this point that we become paying customers and have any right, even if remotely, to be disgruntled.

That right does not cover flamefests, lawsuits and emo outcries.

Also, expect downtime a lot more the coming month or so.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 10:52 AM
doesnt make it right
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 10:52 AM
I, for one, enjoy unexpected up time!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 10:54 AM
i love unexpected up times
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keadin View Post
The open beta and headstart are free. If you paid money, that money went to the retailer as an insurance that you're not going to cancel your pre-order. Cryptic has not received a single dollar, euro or whatever from anyone who is playing this game right now. So you did NOT pay for the game and you did NOT pay for the headstart.

Considering this I think it's a great job that Cryptic is working hard to get the server back up all the time. That means it won't happen when the game goes live. It is only after this point that we become paying customers and have any right, even if remotely, to be disgruntled.

You sir, are part of the problem. Not the solution. You either work for Cryptic. Or you are a complete waste of time. There is no reason you should be defending unfinished final product. I bet you waste a lot of money on stupid stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaankme View Post
You sir, are part of the problem. Not the solution. You either work for Cryptic. Or you are a complete waste of time. There is no reason you should be defending unfinished final product. I bet you waste a lot of money on stupid stuff.
You sir, are drawing conclusions based on nothing. What doesn't surprise me is the black-and-white view you apparently have. either I work for Cryptic or I'm useless. Either STO is perfect or it shouldn't be launched.

I don't know why you think I'm defending an unfinished product. I am pointing out that there are currently no paying customers in existence for STO and that people by that logic are in no position to demand or complain. Or maybe it was the fact that I recognise the hard work being done behind the screens?

"Internet anonymity is not your express card to Dickville."
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keadin View Post

contract 1) n. an agreement with specific terms between two or more persons or entities in which there is a promise to do something in return for a valuable benefit known as consideration.(which can be a promise or payment in some form); when you agree to pay for something you enter a contract of sale and On my receit it cleary states the sum i have to pay and also states what i will recieve for said money .
So yes we have paid for head start it forms part of the deal.So we can be digruntled if we so wish.If cryptic had worked harder during beta when it was obvious the servers could in no way hold the volume of players we wouldnt be seing these constant downtimes
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banroc
contract 1) n. an agreement with specific terms between two or more persons or entities in which there is a promise to do something in return for a valuable benefit known as consideration.(which can be a promise or payment in some form); when you agree to pay for something you enter a contract of sale and On my receit it cleary states the sum i have to pay and also states what i will recieve for said money .
So yes we have paid for head start it forms part of the deal.So we can be digruntled if we so wish.If cryptic had worked harder during beta when it was obvious the servers could in no way hold the volume of players we wouldnt be seing these constant downtimes
You didn't pay Cryptic. You paid your retailer a pre-order fee. You are not yet a paying customer, and the contract doesn't kick in until you pay money to the company you made the agreement with, namely Cryptic. Also, the contract you're going to agree to clearly states that server downtime is part of the package. Live with it.
Lt. Commander
# 10 I understand downtime but....
01-31-2010, 11:15 AM
I agree that the preorder was not a game pre order it was a beta 2.0 test. So the month of beta taught them some, but not all of the bugs.

My whole complaint is, like other games, they just say "unexpected downtime" not any REAL information about expected length or what is wrong. They should give timely updates on what is going on and what they have found. Not just "uhm the server is broke". Customer service is about informing the customer about outages, not keeping them in the dark....