Lt. Commander
I recommend that Cryptic renames Head Start to Stress Test. Even though many players are reporting the ability to play about an hour more than the people who will start on 2/2, it doesn't really qualify, in my opinion, to be called a Head Start.

Stress Test, however, fits the situation perfectly. The load has increased dramatically, the players, devs, and server monkeys are completely stressed out, and the servers go down about as much as they are up.

So, please, just rename it Stress Test. People probably won't complain as much if it wasn't called Head Start.

Edit: Changed most to many since I don't have the STO login/subscriber/play time statistics in front of me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 10:38 AM
*signed* (although im nearly commander)
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 10:39 AM
let's be realistic in our criticism eh...

I put more then an hour in as soon as the servers opened up friday...actually I played for close to 6-7 hours that day.

sure it's a little ridiculous that the servers are in the shape they are in..when it's launching tuesday..where there'll be MORE people.....but let's not make stuff up...mmmkay..kinda invalidates your ENTIRE point
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suron
let's be realistic in our criticism eh...

I put more then an hour in as soon as the servers opened up friday...actually I played for close to 6-7 hours that day.

sure it's a little ridiculous that the servers are in the shape they are in..when it's launching tuesday..where there'll be MORE people.....but let's not make stuff up...mmmkay..kinda invalidates your ENTIRE point
I played for quite a while myself on the first day, and maybe got in a decent hour yesterday, and about 10 minutes today.

I'm not talking about the few people who got to play a good while, I'm talking about the many, many, many people who have not been able to play for more than a good hour, or who haven't been able to get in at all because the downtimes occur in the middle of the day every day, making it impossible for many people to get in and get started.

I've heard of some people who haven't even been able to finish their characters yet because they've been so unlucky.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 10:45 AM
well im almost level 14 so i certainly have had play time. but it sure is frusterating....
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 10:48 AM
Less than 72 hours from opening and we have "emergency maintenance" ??? Yikes!!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I'm still sitting at LT 9 personally. Every time I get on today and yesterday, I do one or two missions and the server crashes. If I'm lucky, when I get back on I didn't get rolled back, but I usually do. So, I probably should be LTCmdr 2 by now.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm LT commander 7 and got 4 missions to hand in, and was in the middle of another, im in the UK, and i get a good few hours in between the server crashes.

The graphics are better than i expected, by alot, and the game has ALOT of potential for the future expansions and content, just wish there was more communication from the DEVS ie: how long if known its gonna be down, and why (even if they lie) just info, as were the first to play the game, we have contributed and helped them get it this far and tbh they have done a good job, probably hardware issues.

I know alot of other MMO's have had to upgrade their hardware constantly over the years, so i bet there just tinkering about still.

Just turn the dam blades/servers back, was working ok lol