Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Further more, you can't possibly compare people getting free codes and free game time with actual people who ends up paying for the game.

Come February 2nd, then you'll see people who actually paid for this game, and not the freeloaders.

Subscriber count may remain steady, it may increase.

There is also the fact that if too many server upgrades are done, Cryptic going to go bankrupt in the first few months if the subscriber count doesn't reflect. Same goes if they don't stabilize the game connection issues.

The next 30 days are going to be hell over at Cryptic and only time will tell how this game will do in the long run.

The players are no better, I see tons of players asking to add things into this mmo, features, etc. and you know what? The Devs are trying to please you all. How about everyone stop submitting new ideas and just ask 1 simple things, server stability. End of story.

Once that is accomplished, then you can have your baby candy.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Robinson
Further more, you can't possibly compare people getting free codes and free game time with actual people who ends up paying for the game.

Come February 2nd, then you'll see people who actually paid for this game, and not the freeloaders.

Subscriber count may remain steady, it may increase.

There is also the fact that if too many server upgrades are done, Cryptic going to go bankrupt in the first few months if the subscriber count doesn't reflect. Same goes if they don't stabilize the game connection issues.

The next 30 days are going to be hell over at Cryptic and only time will tell how this game will do in the long run.

The players are no better, I see tons of players asking to add things into this mmo, features, etc. and you know what? The Devs are trying to please you all. How about everyone stop submitting new ideas and just ask 1 simple things, server stability. End of story.

Once that is accomplished, then you can have your baby candy.
I don't want to come down on the side of the angry mob, by any means, but everyone who is playing right now has paid money for the privilege. I'm pretty sure most of us will still be here on the 2nd. There's no need to pretend like we're somehow second class citizens just because we happen to be in the game earlier than the random walmart shopper.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 11:00 AM
Also, I am not trying to be part of the angry - spout-off-at-the-mouth crowd. Its not the server that makes me unhappy, its the lack of information and, if you want to be frank, MISinformation. I paid for this game already, and I assumed that head start meant head start, not " post beta, pre release test ". This is suppose to be the release version, people, and when the server comes down, all im saying is a little communication from sysops would be nice....