Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 11:00 AM
guys i only have this to say
"servers will be fine and stable in a few days, no need to get your panties all in a bunch"
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentrain323
LOL, its still not stable after months of closed and open beta......why would you think its gonna be better in 2 days???

It wont be better in 2 days... 2 weeks... Is another story.. I feel like a broken record...

there is NO way to test how a server will react in testing with 15k people.. as it does with 25k people... in headstart... as it will for 100k people on launch day.. It just is phsically completely impossible..

The server needs to be stressed an optimized which will take a few weeks of coding and testing.. Which CANT be done in beta... cause there ARENT 100k people trying to play..

If it ****es you off this much... go play something else for another month, then come pay 15 bucks and give the game a shot.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 11:01 AM
Yeah....sorry. No. This is by and large a ridiculous amount of downtime...and the game hasn't even officially launched yet.

I'm quite frankly sick and tired of Cryptic apologists comparing this to WoW or WAR launches. WoW launched FIVE YEARS AGO. WAR launched a year and a half ago. This game should have the benefit of learning from past MMO mistakes, and is very clearly taking a step back. I'm officially regretting my pre-order.

"Go play something else and stop complaining". While you may be made of money, I'm not. If I put down $50 bucks (or $80 for the special edition) I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation to be able to play the game, or have notice of downtime. If this is "unexpected downtime", then I'd like to know why. The server load is less than what was in open beta. Unless you have a good excuse, it's simply a failure.

I'm not going to hold my breath until I turn blue and pass out over this, but I think the people unhappy with the downtime should be posting and send cryptic a clear message that they're flat out failing so far. If this is the server stability now, I'm terrified of live. I'm also sick of people saying "it will be fine when the game launches". Sorry, that's the exact thing you idiots said in closed beta, then open beta. No. It won't be.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
Yeah....sorry. No. This is by and large a ridiculous amount of downtime...and the game hasn't even officially launched yet.

I'm quite frankly sick and tired of Cryptic apologists comparing this to WoW or WAR launches. WoW launched FIVE YEARS AGO. WAR launched a year and a half ago. This game should have the benefit of learning from past MMO mistakes, and is very clearly taking a step back. I'm officially regretting my pre-order.
ahh dude chill and listen
"servers will be fine and stable in a few days, no need to get your panties all in a bunch"
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentrain323
don't think anyone is asking for perfect, but better than hours and hours of no play everyday. all anyone is asking for is why not a backup server, or more than 1 server.
3-4 hours of crash yesterday out of 24 hours.
I'd assume 3-4 hours of crash today out of 24 hours.

Wait till the servers crash for multiple days, can't imagine the suiside posts that will appear.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbleskin View Post
ahh dude chill and listen
Funny, I heard the same in beta.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Yeah....sorry. No. This is by and large a ridiculous amount of downtime...and the game hasn't even officially launched yet..

So they should wait and fix it AFTER it launches, right?
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Funny, I heard the same in beta.
LOL? OB i was in almost everytime i wanted to be
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbleskin View Post
LOL? OB i was in almost everytime i wanted to be
You forget that one time of not being able to log in is grounds for a tantrum for most of the people that play MMO's nowadays.