Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 10:58 AM
To be honest.... launch day isn't going to see a massive influx of players...... those that want in are in now.... sure there might be a few more on launch day, but not many now. Feedback is out.... the game has been rushed and the negativity has grown.

We will see a populated game for first 30 days.... after that, I can forsee a lot of people leaving and waiting on the next big mmo from Bioware and the expansion of a certain multi million player game.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Regionalisation would be a backward step and IMO if it did happen I don't think many people would migrate from here anyway. (The earlier comparison to City of Heroes US and EU was spot on).

And to the people from Europe who are complaining about downtime in EU times, all I can say is: the servers are in the USA on the west coast. People there work 9 hours behind Europe so you can hardly expect them to perform maintenance out of work hours for the USA.

This is a global game andwhenever they have maintenance somebody will be inconvenienced. Is it not arrogant to think that, as Europeans, we deserve special treatment and no downtime at primetimes? Perhaps its more equitable to rotate downtimes so different time zones aren't affected but this would be more expensive in the long run and frankly I'd rather my subscriptions went on more content. I did manage to function without this game a few days ago and I am sure I can think of something else to do while the servers are down.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 11:04 AM
How about seperate servers from champions online first, since they share hardware
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 11:05 AM
Dumbest idea ever.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auberon
To be honest.... launch day isn't going to see a massive influx of players...... those that want in are in now.... sure there might be a few more on launch day, but not many now. Feedback is out.... the game has been rushed and the negativity has grown.

We will see a populated game for first 30 days.... after that, I can forsee a lot of people leaving and waiting on the next big mmo from Bioware and the expansion of a certain multi million player game.
then the 300 lifers can play with themselves that is for about a hour a day
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auberon
Alot of peeps are thinking Bioware next MMo will be the best. Its hyped yet. But i can tell you when that game comes out the cry starts again as with every MMo. Did you ever see 1 MMO at headstart that made a crystal clean start? As with every MMO peeps come and go.
When SWG came out years ago every 1 complained about that game. And guess what? Now every 1 talks about how good the preCU version was? Isn,t that strange?
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewvis View Post
How about seperate servers from champions online first, since they share hardware
Agreed. Should of had a seperate one from Champions at the start.