Lt. Commander
# 1 People are never happy
01-31-2010, 11:53 AM
My first post , and I have decided that people are never happy. You are playing a mmo unlike any other made, yet instead of helping cyptic troubleshoot this product, you would rather get on a forum and flame them for glitches that pop up that need to be addressed. Was the same thing in Beta, everyone has to flame them for their work. I suppose they should just cancell release, and postpone launch for 6 more months because people even ***** about a game that is not even released yet. Perhaps that would make everyone happy and you can all go back to playing wow and its perfect code. Oh that's right, its a buggy nightmare too half the time, with serious lag, patch day fiasco's and the like.
You wonder why the longer a game is out the less that devs pay attention to the forums, it's because they dont have time to sort the good post's they would respond to through all the bs post's about im going to quit, you suck ect. ect. Try actually being part of the game instead of thinking you are the only one who counts and that your flaming opinions are going to help solve anything or get you an answer!
So now you can all jump on me, flame me and cryptic and call me a fan boy, because I actually think it is worth going through some bs to make this a playable game in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 11:56 AM
RAWR, I R witty Teenager. Behold my CAPSLOCK epicness and uber sarcasm. *Flames*

Gurenteed 80% of those flaming the game and threatening to leave will still be here in a months time. The fact is... humans like to moan. The human condition is not to solve the problem, but to find someone to blame for it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 12:08 PM
You're probably right, Carltronus. But until they offer me the ability to filter out the posters that I know are nothing more than trolls so that I can only see the stuff that is relevant, it makes this forum all but useless.

It's the same reason I turn off zone chat in my chat windows. I can't sift the useful stuff out of the hundreds of lines asking where Sulu is and making jokes about Klingons around Uranus. Why bother being distracted by it at all?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 12:09 PM
A wise position to take.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 12:10 PM
/agreed.

Anyone who really pre-ordered the game "for the head-start" and didn't realize they would still basically be beta-testing without a toon-reset, really didn't think about it enough before dropping the cash. Having a head-start is vital to game launch because it gives the devs a ramp-up before release. Is it frustrating, sure, but you should have known better before you bought it, and pouring whine all over every section of the forums sn't going to accomplish a thing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eychimo View Post
My first post , and I have decided that people are never happy. You are playing a mmo unlike any other made, yet instead of helping cyptic troubleshoot this product, you would rather get on a forum and flame them for glitches that pop up that need to be addressed. Was the same thing in Beta, everyone has to flame them for their work. I suppose they should just cancell release, and postpone launch for 6 more months because people even ***** about a game that is not even released yet. Perhaps that would make everyone happy and you can all go back to playing wow and its perfect code. Oh that's right, its a buggy nightmare too half the time, with serious lag, patch day fiasco's and the like.
You wonder why the longer a game is out the less that devs pay attention to the forums, it's because they dont have time to sort the good post's they would respond to through all the bs post's about im going to quit, you suck ect. ect. Try actually being part of the game instead of thinking you are the only one who counts and that your flaming opinions are going to help solve anything or get you an answer!
So now you can all jump on me, flame me and cryptic and call me a fan boy, because I actually think it is worth going through some bs to make this a playable game in the future.
Alright kid, help 'em troubleshoot? Impossible, they won't let me get on the friggin' game, no one knows what happened other than to say "Cryptic didn't shell out for a good enough server/Database"

Before you say "people are never happy" you go ahead and look at the situation. Cryptic said "Gimme some money and we'll give you a game", true? Well I gave them $320 of my money and of the 2 days head start I've had so far, I've gotten under 3 hours of gametime because whenever I want to play, the server load is too high and it decides to give up the ghost.

In the past 2 days, the server has gone down every time we hit peek hours, I tried at 8:30 pm yesterday, server had already gone down. So I got here 2 hours early today to see if I could get some gametime, guess what? oh yeah, already down.

You don't make excuses for someone when you payed money to them for a service they aren't delivering, you make sure they know it's unaccepatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumDum
/agreed.

Anyone who really pre-ordered the game "for the head-start" and didn't realize they would still basically be beta-testing without a toon-reset, really didn't think about it enough before dropping the cash. Having a head-start is vital to game launch because it gives the devs a ramp-up before release. Is it frustrating, sure, but you should have known better before you bought it, and pouring whine all over every section of the forums sn't going to accomplish a thing.
And you can grow a backbone too, get out of the Dev's arse, it ain't a good system to be flying your cruiser in. You payed money for a service, you deserve the sevice. BY LAW.
They had months of beta and it shouldn't take an extension of that 2 days before launch for them to say "Oops, someone dropped the ball there, we can't fit the players into the game!"
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm further disappointed by the lack of name filters (not just the USS Taco Bell but worse...seeing it like USS tacobell and if you're going to have a name like lickme at least make it Lick Me). Otherwise, the first thing that needs "fixing" is allowing us to straight up move our ships w/the right mouse drag (then I'd like to see them make space true 3D environment regarding us being able to fully loop when we pitch up/down). Lastly, they desperately need a way to instanly/rapidly "snap" the space camera to your target (and not the weak/slow version now where it lazily drags it to the edge of your screen...I mean a real cam snap placing your target in the center of your screen, and instantly doing it over and over even if you spam tab with lightning speed. In big battles it's WAY too hard to sort out visually which target you actually have active and having the option to snap the camera with god-like speed onto your target would rock).
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eychimo View Post
With WoW, The servers aren't down for 7 hours or more in a 24 hour time period. Apples and Oranges.

What you're seeing is frustration being vented at the amount of time the servers are out, and those people have every right to complain about it. This isn't beta anymore. It's time for Cryptic to get their rear in gear.