/sarcasm on

Only happens when all the Americans start playing

/sarcasm off
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianicus View Post
as I said, Im not really that miffed aboutt his right now.....but if this happens this often after feb 2nd and my free month is not extended, cryptic can kiss my a$$ goodbye.
Feel free to not play then, if this is giving you an ulcer. Welcome to the world of MMOs, especially at launch. That's your call.

But, without your subscription fee, Crytpic won't be able to buy the servers you're crying so hard about not having. Oh, Irony, how I love thee...
Lt. Commander
# 13
Or when all Europens are starting...
Lt. Commander
# 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almraptor View Post
Or when all Europens are starting...
We've been playing all day already
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 10:41 AM
At least it has happened again during my dinner time.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Well, while we are waiting, perhaps someone could help me with my question here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=93062 ?
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 10:48 AM
While downime is the norm for all mmo servers i just hope this isnt the shape of things to come wih his one, two days of unxpected downtime for a new game doesnt bold well , it would also be nice if they gave updates we all know they can and at the start of a new game it would be good public relaions to keep your new customers upto date.

I would also guess its down due to the same problems as last night seeing as how i was getting very long load rates just like last night before it went down, now the question here is why if they went down for the samething was this not fixed during last nights 3hr downtime, will this happen again ......?
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Seem like a log-in server issue, rather than a gameplay issue. Just a guess.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carltronus
New games still have these problems too. I've probably tried more MMORPG's than you've had hot dinners. They all suffer server instability at the start.
The number of MMOs you've played and the number of MMOs that have problems at launch are irrelevant to the fact that nobody likes downtime.
The fact that nobody likes downtime is irrelevant to the fact that the server is down and that they're presumably working to bring it back up quickly.

It's bad for an MMO producer to have unexpected downtime and errors. But it happens, because there are too many variables to account for in PC gaming, even with lengthy and broad beta tests. So, yes, it sucks. Either deal with it or cancel your account. We don't need three full pages of threads complaining about it.