Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wernicke View Post
My experience in the "profression" is completely irrelevant, the fact that cryptic is doing a lousy job is the only thing that matters.
Fact is that everybody in the headstart paid to play unlike the beta where these things are expected to happen, this game is quite obviously the opposite of star trek online.

i'm not even criticising Cryptic in my original post, only spoiled kids like you that don't care if you are getting awful service for your money.

Saying that Cryptic are going a great job = counter productive.
Main Entry: coun·ter·pro·duc·tive
Pronunciation: \-prə-ˈdək-tiv\
Function: adjective
Date: 1959
: tending to hinder the attainment of a desired goal <violence as a means to achieve an end is counterproductive — W. E. Brock b1930>

The word doesn't mean what you think it means.

I paid $0.99 thus far. That's it. It's the weekend, and yet Cryptic is in the office. Working. All because I paid $0.99.

All this ranting and raving in the forums about how bad a job they're doing... by people who have no knowledge of what's actually involved. Pure drama queen.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Hey no fair, i got flamemd in my Rage thread, YOU SHOULD GET FLAMMED TOOOOO FIREEEEEEEEEEE

Anyways, yes i agree -
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcane View Post
Every MMO released to date has had more problems than we have seen so far in STO. While this sucks as a customer, it is also a fact of development. The people blowing up about a fraction of the day where they cannot play failed to understand what playing a MMO at launch will be like.

Nothing productive comes from screaming murder because the server crashed. I, like many other people, knew what I was in for when I bought STO with the intention to play from launch. I knew there would be crashes, and while I am annoyed, I will not post all over the forums crying about it. Some also fail to understand what it takes to develop software. They only see games that have been out for years, and get upset that that they don't have something that meets their wrong expectations.
Once again you are completely missing my point, i am not screaming murder nor am i crying or expecting this game to be completely bug free. My point being that it does not matter how bad other games of the same genre have been during their launch periods, defending cryptic by saying that they are doing a great job when it comes to fixing bugs and server stability is as i have stated many times before in this thread, counterproductive.

I have done my share of programming and realize that solving bugs is a pain, but if you are getting paid for it and you do have a time limit (which in this case happens to be 2 days ago) you should be ashamed. I would never send a customer a piece of software that i've programmed with this many flaws and still expect the customer to pay me for the time it takes me after the time limit is over to fix them. The beta should have continued for a month or so to make sure they got most of it right, apart from a few graphical glitches i've bumped into most of the bugs i saw in the beta.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:

i'm not even criticising Cryptic in my original post, only spoiled kids like you that don't care if you are getting awful service for your money.
I think that's pretty much the opposite of it.

The spoiled kids write nerd rage posts like yours, Can't you just get off my lawn?
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublespeak
Nerdrage sucks, sunshine might cure it.
Posting in a thread without adding anything useful to the topic, way to go.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 12:26 PM
Quote:
I am so tired of you sheep, you are getting awful service for your money and you won't even realize it.
Beta was long and the devs had years(yeah literally) to prepare for this day and i still find bugs everywhere, people get disconnected and there is a several hour long unscheduled maintenance going on right now.

Why are you defending this bull****?
Alot of people played the beta and i will agree that during the beta these things are going to happen but this happening after the release is stupid.

I love this game and i love star trek even more but you cryptic fundamentalists are retarded, instead of trying to push cryptic into doing their jobs(at all/better/faster) you give them just another reason to continue their slacking.

The fact that employee X doesn't do anything at work doesn't mean that employee Y not doing anything is a good employee, it means that both are awful and need to get fired/no paychecks at the end of the month.

TLDR: people defending cryptic by using the argument that other mmos being just as bad are counterproductive ****** that need to get out of this forum.
Note to the moron: Launch isn't til Tuesday.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
I am so tired of you sheep, you are getting awful service for your money and you won't even realize it.
Beta was long and the devs had years(yeah literally) to prepare for this day and i still find bugs everywhere, people get disconnected and there is a several hour long unscheduled maintenance going on right now.

Why are you defending this bull****?
Alot of people played the beta and i will agree that during the beta these things are going to happen but this happening after the release is stupid.
It's not February 2nd yet, the game is not released.
Notice how I am not defending anything, or raging in any way.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:

I love this game and i love star trek even more but you cryptic fundamentalists are retarded, instead of trying to push cryptic into doing their jobs(at all/better/faster) you give them just another reason to continue their slacking.

Ha ha, ho ho. Instead of taking this SUPR SRS GUISE we like to troll folks like you. In turn, you take time out of your life to flood the forums with the same talking points, and we laugh. Oh, we laugh.

The servers will be up soon, and everyone will go back to their newly acquired addiction; until the next maintenence period, and I have to look to the forums for fun instead

Lighten up. Smoke a a smoke. Drink a cold one, brah.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denare View Post
It's not February 2nd yet, the game is not released.
Notice how I am not defending anything, or raging in any way.
That excuse dont just cut it its 2 days? this is the final game yet not polished but will be in a few weeks its the same as its just beta excuses...
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 12:32 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tension breaker, had to be done.