Lt. Commander
It's two days till launch, the server problems are no doubt due to the huge amount of players that joined both open beta and the headstart offerings. to be honest, I would rather have these server capacity issues dealt with now rather than waiting and limping along for months. Even if it takes a week to sort through it and fix the problems it's very worth it. My point is that we all need to calm down. Surging the forums with hate and ignorance is niether productive or helpful. Much of it is just the angsty rage of bored children.

I see alot of people raging about how Cryptic should have known about this and should have been ready. Well, some things are not able to be prepared for. You have to deal with some things as they happen and having 3x more people than expected is one of those things. I see it as a good thing. It means A. They didn't just copy from CO or any other cryptic game. And B. Lots of people joining means more money devoted to STO content and development. I think it's a win win.

Those who are paying monthly should be compensated for the downtime. Being a lifer, I'm not worried too much about it but I can understand the frustration.

See you out there!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 11:20 AM
I'd rather these issues be fixed in closed and/or open beta.

NOT after.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 11:21 AM
I agree, would rather have these issues now and get them out of the way than have them not fixing/doing anything for months down the road. This stuff happens, it happened with WoW and any other multitude of MMO's at launch time. It's part of the genre is ironing out some of these issues that you just can't get to crop up during small testing.

I also think some people have selective memory when it comes to some of the most successful MMO's that were wrought with issues (please see WoW being down for almost 4 days).
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildOne View Post

NOT after.
I'd rather these issues be fixed before the official release date.

NOT after.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildOne View Post

NOT after.
can you tell me how you can fix a game and come up with how its gonna stress with 100k people... When you only had max 15k people??

if soo you should really go work for an IT company.. You would make millions with your Preminitions..
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouscotty View Post

I also think some people have selective memory when it comes to some of the most successful MMO's that were wrought with issues (please see WoW being down for almost 4 days).

Yea.. Starwars glaxies was plagued with down times durring the first month... heck resource spawns didnt even work at all.. for almost 5 weeks..

down times averaged 3-6 hours.. the first day noone could even log into any server..
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerLight
can you tell me how you can fix a game and come up with how its gonna stress with 100k people... When you only had max 15k people??

if soo you should really go work for an IT company.. You would make millions with your Preminitions..

Very true, this is exactly my point. You just can't do it until you have 100k (or more) people online. Thats when the ghosts in the shells show themselves.