Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 07:56 AM
I just started my character's bio with Race: and a small basic description of said species before I typed in her actual bio information. I also made one of her crew the same, to try to emphisize their characteristics.

It would be nice to be able to name them at creation, but I can see why it could become just a headache. Perhaps us creative types should create our own thread, with screenshots and descriptions, of our custom races.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slough-3yeZ
Waste of database space....
Do you even know how a database works???
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 08:25 AM
Great idea. As far as a "waste of database space" goes, it doesn't have to be. The name you give your race just becomes part of your character profile.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 08:47 AM
I support this... my char is one quarter Aenar/three quarters Andorian and all the game just treats me as if I am some totally unknown species...
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 09:11 AM
Not sure how the term Mexican would be offensive...
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 11:38 AM
I really like this idea, because it seems strange that so many of us are listed as Alien as you say. I do understand though how many people nominally of the same race whose characters look rather different would be difficult to explain. Kinda like forehead ridges , but I digress.

My girl is Half-Orion Half-Human. People might intuit that by looking at her, and if they click on info it's the first line in the bio. Still it would be cool if we could list our race or species or simply get rid of the line that says Unknown Alien. Outside of the idea of taking a seriiously non-canon tack with a race, or the diversity of looks being an issue I'm not sure what the reason behind not allowing it would be?