Lt. Commander
# 1 Hello everyone !!!
01-31-2010, 12:40 PM
As one of the functions of 10 forward, I will now officially introduce myself. I figure with the server downtime, and being sick of reading the fanboy/hater threads, I would try to regain some sanity by writing this.

Personal history:
In RL I am an IT professional, I am MSDST certified and enjoy playing PC games in my spare time. I am a long time sci-fi fan.

Video gaming history:
Consoles: lets just say go forward in time from the Atari 2600 all the way through the PS2......
MMORPG titles: Guildwars, World of ********, Warhammer Age of Reckoning, Sword of the New World, 9Dragons, Anarchy Online, Project Entropia, and now Star Trek Online. I was not actively playing any of the above when I got STO.

STO history:
I have always liked Star Trek but did not consider myself a "Trekker" or "Trekkie". Less than a week ago, while watching the SyFy channel, I saw a commercial for a Star Trek game and the 12 hour Star Trek Marathon on Monday. (This was the day after OB stopped.) I got really excited and went to the SyFy website and folowed it here. I watched ALL the videos and looked at all the screen shots then I started reading all the ups and downs of the OB posts and decided to buy the game. I got the CE and have been having a blast so far in head start. I have 0 knowledge of this game other than what I could find in the short time on the forums since I was not in the OB.

Current:
I am not in a fleet at the moment, but am open to joining a medium to large mature federation fleet. I look forward to destroying you in game, having fun on the forums and helping where I can.

- Mort
- U.S.S. Super Nova
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the lands of Star Trek, both the overall universe and the Online version.