Lt. Commander
# 331
01-31-2010, 12:31 AM
Are down times always go to be from 3am?

While this might be great for americans, this sole server has more than american players. For me, this downtime falls at 9pm, once or twice you can forgive, however if thats the standard norm, it's really going to hurt playing this game frequently in my playtime hours.

While I am aware there is more than just me on the server, this has to be the case for a multitude of others,
I'm not saying don't use that time ever, but vary the times of the downtime if they are going to be frequent, so the burdens shared around and not smacked into just one time zone of players.
Lt. Commander
# 332
launcher says no, but servers are online currently, i am ingame now
Lt. Commander
# 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillledPrimal
Given the amount of time the servers have been down for I think they would apply the patch now. It makes sense because then it's less work for them later.
Your logic is illogical captain. Never apply common sense to anything with this company.
Lt. Commander
# 334
01-31-2010, 12:32 AM
server is up
Lt. Commander
# 335
01-31-2010, 12:32 AM
I am mistaken.. apparently the servers are up!

I'm in as well.
Lt. Commander
# 336
01-31-2010, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetr View Post
I am not trying to defend Cryptic or anyone else involved in the creation of this game. But here is how I see it. The problems that are causing these crashes may not have shown up in beta. Some crashes during beta were solved. I truly believe that these are different problems.

I have purchased a one year subscription to the game. That is all the money I am out so far. I have yet to pay for the game itself and as far as I know...noone has actually been charged any money. The money will be taken when the game is released which is Feb 2nd......my 1 year subscription actually wont even start until 30 days AFTER Feb 2nd.

Saying many people are getting fed up and angry is really an assumption on your part. There probably are a few people that are getting angry, but I wouldnt say its many people.

We have no way to know how cryptic is putting their servers online. We can only speculate and to be honest, your opinion of how its happening is really just that....your opinion.

The downfal of ALL software is that it goes to market LONG before it should. If you dont believe it, then I guess you have never heard of Microsoft.

BTW Modern Warfare 2 was put out on PS3 and for a month people couldnt play online because of problems with Playstations Servers.

Sorry for the long post....but I had to.

Your nit picking what i said.

Many isnt a number?.

Yes what I say is not fact or based on reliable information.

And how many people returned Modern Warfare 2?

If you want to argue with me PM me.
Lt. Commander
# 337
01-31-2010, 12:38 AM
For all of those goobers that think the server will have maintenance tonight from 03:00 to 05:00:

Unless they've added a new post saying exactly that, 03:00 to 05:00 on January 30th, SYSTEM/PACIFIC time, was umm, =yesterday=. FYI. It's the 31st now, Pacific time (00:35, in fact).

Now of course that doesn't address the current unexpected downtime issue...

UPDATE: Ooh, others are right -- the server is back up (though it says it's down on the login page -before- logging in, for me at least).
Lt. Commander
# 338
01-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ykesha
Are down times always go to be from 3am?

While this might be great for americans, this sole server has more than american players. For me, this downtime falls at 9pm, once or twice you can forgive, however if thats the standard norm, it's really going to hurt playing this game frequently in my playtime hours.

While I am aware there is more than just me on the server, this has to be the case for a multitude of others,
I'm not saying don't use that time ever, but vary the times of the downtime if they are going to be frequent, so the burdens shared around and not smacked into just one time zone of players.
Amen to that, brother.
Lt. Commander
# 339
01-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Well, that was a fun 45 min. Servers are back down, getting 'Retrieving characters' message again.
Lt. Commander
# 340
01-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronintetsuro View Post
Well, that was a fun 45 min. Servers are back down, getting 'Retrieving characters' message again.
yup yup