Lt. Commander
# 1 Best Buy Codes
01-31-2010, 01:18 PM
So if I Bought a pre-order code from Best Buy and upon entering the key I get a message that the key is already activated, am I screwed? And do I even get the special items? Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramhotep View Post
So if I Bought a pre-order code from Best Buy and upon entering the key iIget a message that the key is already activated, am I screwed? And do I even get the special items? Thanks in advance.
You will get the bonus items, because the items are not attached to the preorder key. The bonus items are attached to the actual retail code... that is, the DVD code in the actual box itself.

The preorder code is only for headstart access (and eligibility for the promotional subscription plans).

But this shouldn't be happening. Hm...check your account settings. Is the key already there? Does your account say Star Trek Online - Preorder in the dashboard page? If there's still nothing there, and the site is telling you that the code is already activated...

Either there's a problem with the STO account website, or Best Buy screwed you. Either way, I'd suggest filing a ticket with STO technical/billing support. And complain to Best Buy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 01:29 PM
check with cryptics accout support
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
So if I Bought a pre-order code from Best Buy and upon entering the key iIget a message that the key is already activated, am I screwed? And do I even get the special items? Thanks in advance.
The special items are tied to the product code -- not pre-order code.

Preorder code gets you into headstart.

Complain to best buy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 01:33 PM
I just put a ticket in, but would have liked to play head-start too. Guess I have to wait till tuesday and fight the que lines then.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
So if I Bought a pre-order code from Best Buy and upon entering the key I get a message that the key is already activated, am I screwed? And do I even get the special items? Thanks in advance.
To get the items from Best Buy, you need to have a boxed copy from Best Buy with the retail code. The pre-order code by itself will NOT unlock anything without the retail code from the same retailer.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 02:02 PM
Here is my Best Buy code related question -- we're getting Tribbles and Targs as a "bonus" tribbles are still dropping all over the place in the headstart, what makes ours different? If nothing, no big deal, at least my Klingon gets a pet targ that is semi-unique. But still, I am curious.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiverCHL01 View Post
Here is my Best Buy code related question -- we're getting Tribbles and Targs as a "bonus" tribbles are still dropping all over the place in the headstart, what makes ours different? If nothing, no big deal, at least my Klingon gets a pet targ that is semi-unique. But still, I am curious.

Thanks!
Nothing to my knowledge. The drop tribbles do everything they say the bonus tribble does. The targ is the only real unique item.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 02:06 PM
This happened to me at start of Open Beta - I called Cryptic Support and they set me up and I played all of Open Beta. Glad to hear the code will work from retail box. I returned the defective one to Best Buy and got a new one and that one unlocked . . . wait for it . . . Closed Beta!!!!!

WTF? Oh well, I am happily playing and hopefully will be the stupid critters.