Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartacca View Post
Most of us believe that the purpose of headstart was to advance our charactors before actual launch.

My friend got to lv 11.. and he hit that last night.. Im at 4 now.. seams like a head start to me..
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 11:54 AM
Man I tell you what some people really fly off of the handle.I will try to explain myself in simplier terms for those of you who are getting upset at the suggestion that we should be compensated for Cryptic not following thru as advertised. What I suggested is that the players who did actually want to play in the headstart and did purchase the game early to do so are not getting what Cyptic promised. That is why I said in game credit, XP, merits etc. But for those of you who are getting upset at the idea then give whatever it is to somebody else. I know that these things happen. I am not screaming that I am going to cancel my account or anything else. Just stating that to me it seems a fair trade off for the headstart not really being a headstart.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 11:57 AM
I am truely glad for those of you who have gotten to play. I however have not. Yesterday everytime I tried to play the servers were down. I have the feeling that most of the people who are upset at this idea have not yet purchased the game.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartacca View Post
We are not advancing our charactors as promised with our Pro-order Headstart. What do you, the other customers of this mmo, think?
Come on its not that bad. I've made it to Lt. Commander and I have a full time job and a wife I have to please lol. There will be plenty of time to "Rank up". Like its been said over and over again, "Every MMO has a ruff patch at the beginning." There doing the best they can.

Maybe my avatar will cheer you up?

Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSNighthawk
Nope, doesn't work that way. They only advertised headstart would be open to you, which it is. If you've spent anytime in-game since Jan 29th, you have participated in headstart. They never said how often you'd get to play it, just that you would be able to. If one chooses not to participate in headstart...well that's their choice (not saying that's you, I'm covering those who would say "I didn't get to play headstart" and forget to mention they chose not to).

People seem to forget they pre-ordered Star Trek Online, and got OB and headstart access as a perk. Honestly, I don't really care. I pre-ordered for the Connie. The OB and headstart were just two more bonuses.
This is true, however the rules change on Feb 2nd. I know it, you know it, Cryptic know it. They can't have the same problems now during launch, heck they have already probably lost a lot of pre-orders and any bad reviews they get will not help.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 01:32 PM
Perhaps the people manning the forums should be compensated for having to deal with the incredulous amount of complaining on here