# 31
05-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Interesting stuff indeed.
Career Officer
# 32
08-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
Would be helpful if the actual Q&A thread got some answers.

At first, I was thinking this would collapse my episode, but the more I think about it, and write out various responses, I think I can make it work. Keeping it generic on past events, but work it so the story remains. they were going to be modified chodak anyway, so I could say they take on a new name in honour of their superiority. Probably work in some more speech boxes to make the connection without connections.

Maybe the name Chozrak.
I can tell you from simply reading the EULA:

They aren't on the list of approved properties and you didn't make them up with the Chodak. Now, something similar... insofaras Ferasans might remind people of Kzinti? Sure.
Captain
# 33
12-23-2012, 03:07 AM
Okay, so we can't use the likeness of any cast members in our missions. What about burning PWE/Cryptic employees in effigy?

Note: Question asked for informational purposes only.

Last edited by ajstoner; 12-23-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
07-29-2014, 08:01 AM
(Never mind)

@greendragoon

Last edited by thegreendragoon1; 07-29-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Lieutenant
# 35
09-17-2014, 03:41 PM
Can I make a character that is the decedent of other character(s), like "T'Leia Elisabeth T. D. Tucker" (Full Name: T'Leia Elisabeth T'Pol Dragovich Tucker). Or, "Michael T'Pau Archer" ?

Last edited by alchevsk1992; 09-18-2014 at 12:37 AM.
Commander
# 36
09-23-2014, 07:18 AM
I reckon so; there's actually no rule even against using the characters from the series - the trouble is that the ACTORS are "copyrighted" (to themselves), so that you can't make a costume that looks like them. A descendant character wouldn't have that problem. I thought Elizabeth Tucker died young, though, but I may be misremembering.
Lieutenant
# 37
09-25-2014, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat140 View Post
I reckon so; there's actually no rule even against using the characters from the series - the trouble is that the ACTORS are "copyrighted" (to themselves), so that you can't make a costume that looks like them. A descendant character wouldn't have that problem. I thought Elizabeth Tucker died young, though, but I may be misremembering.
Elizabeth Tucker did die young. Not unless the timeline has been changed that she didn't die and trip and t'pol got married and so on.

I am currently making a foundry mission about an alien race who has technology that not just lets them travel back in time but also travel to another universe, and that they are from a parallel universe trying to take what "rightfully belongs to them."

I already made 2 missions of this:

Ripple Effect - Prelude (Out)
Ripple Effect - Incursion (Out)
Ripple Effect - Domino Effect Part 1 (Not Finished)
Ripple Effect - Domino Effect Part 2 (TBD)

Prelude and Incursion take place in the present. You set out to help a task force to help find a missing ship, while you do so, you encounter an enemy fleet...

Domino Effect parts 1 and 2 will be in the Future in another universe practically. A "holographic recording" showing how this whole war began and which the player will be taking the role of Captain Valhalla, in command of U.S.S. Achilles

(ITS A REMAKE OF MY FAN FICTION STORY: Ripple Effect, Part I: A Change In Starfleet History & The Universe) Which is poorly created with errors due to the fact that every time I edit it makes unnecessary edits of it own. Oh and that story hasn't been finished. T_T

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9106107...y-The-Universe

Last edited by alchevsk1992; 10-06-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Rihannsu
# 38
10-19-2014, 10:53 AM
So any and all references to expanded universe (novels, other games etc) characters is out. Be it appearances or mentions in dialogue? Does that extend to heavily implied but not quite like just using a surname?
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-19-2014, 01:18 PM
mentioning it, and you're probably fine, aslong as X character does not make an actual appearance, you should be good.
Eternal love, is the only love.
Career Officer
# 40
10-24-2014, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrobbiec View Post
So any and all references to expanded universe (novels, other games etc) characters is out. Be it appearances or mentions in dialogue? Does that extend to heavily implied but not quite like just using a surname?
Mentions of ST-canon characters and mentions and presence of canon ships is allowed. The rule only forbids the use of the physical likeness of one of the actors (which means you can't have the character be physically present unless so heavily modified they are not recognizable).

For example, in my mission 'Dubious Gifts' - which I have had zero rules issues brought up with - the whole mission is built around rescuing a canon character (I won't spoil it by saying who) and at least four others are explicitly mentioned. However, none of them are ever physically present (the closest you get to any of them is being told that one of them is on the same planet that you are, and being beamed to your ship).

However you might have an issue if it's something that is covered by an unrelated copyright.

Personally, I'm trying to figure out if the character I just thought of a mission around was ever seen or named on screen. (He was a relative of a canon character but I only recall him being referred to by his relation to them.) Gotta do a little research, because if he was never on screen, I should be good....
Member of Special Operations Command (UFP)
and leader of House of Calafia (KDF)
and Foundry author (first mission published July 2014)

Last edited by westmetals; 10-24-2014 at 11:16 PM.