Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 01:39 PM
they should really have relised that just by nameing it star trek they would have an insermountable amount of people comeing to try it out from hard core trekkies to the passing fan.

they could easily fill up 3 to 4 servers right now (the que is currently at 2140 and im on 1020 T_T
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 01:45 PM
all the fanbois will defend cryptic to the end, but bottom line is this, blizzard has over 10million subscribers at 15$/month and a multi shard server array and there are still queue's. Frankly I dont see the queue's in this game getting any better, only worse. I'm just glad I didn't waste $250 on a lifetime subscription just to sit in a 3 hr queue then 5 min after finally getting through the queue, 'unexpected maint' for 3 hrs, everyday.

sorry but the jury is in on this one and the 'open beta' which wasn't open and frankly marginally operational, has now transformed into a 'headstart' in which downtime has been the norm and now a 1200 person 4 hr queue. Although the 'single shard server' concept and instancing every single aspect of the game, may have looked good on paper, that experiment is now over andn it was a complete failure. Move this to multi server, and get some redundancy in your authentication servers. You cannot run a game like this with single points of failure in the system. at least not for long.

love the game concept, but the lack of resolution of the failures in the foundation of the 'MMO' part of this game is really cutting the legs out from underneath it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasheater View Post
all the fanbois will defend cryptic to the end, but bottom line is this, blizzard has over 10million subscribers at 15$/month and a multi shard server array and there are still queue's. Frankly I dont see the queue's in this game getting any better, only worse. I'm just glad I didn't waste $250 on a lifetime subscription just to sit in a 3 hr queue then 5 min after finally getting through the queue, 'unexpected maint' for 3 hrs, everyday.

sorry but the jury is in on this one and the 'open beta' which wasn't open and frankly marginally operational, has now transformed into a 'headstart' in which downtime has been the norm and now a 1200 person 4 hr queue. Although the 'single shard server' concept and instancing every single aspect of the game, may have looked good on paper, that experiment is now over andn it was a complete failure. Move this to multi server, and get some redundancy in your authentication servers. You cannot run a game like this with single points of failure in the system. at least not for long.

love the game concept, but the lack of resolution of the failures in the foundation of the 'MMO' part of this game is really cutting the legs out from underneath it.
I'm one of these fanbois you mean and I usually defend Cryptic, but I really can't when it comes to their decision to put everyone on one server. I just can't. It doesn't make any logical sense. Even if they did instance it to hell and back.
Lt. Commander
# 14 The Queue System is Broken
01-31-2010, 01:51 PM
the queue system is broken. it will try to que you for 1 or 2 minutes, and then it drops you back to the log-in screen,
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 01:51 PM
I just got disconnected during PvP and then straight back into a queue.

I really hope those of us who have paid for a lifetime sub get priority in these queues considoring how much more we have put towards the game.

In fact I really hope they use the money we have spent buying the lifetime to get some more clusters and whatnot so noone has to queue at all... This is ridiculous.

The best part of the queue is that im not going any closer to getting in but its getting longe and longer.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeh86 View Post

I really hope those of us who have paid for a lifetime sub get priority in these queues considoring how much more we have put towards the game.

In fact I really hope they use the money we have spent buying the lifetime to get some more clusters and whatnot so noone has to queue at all... This is ridiculous.
That would be amazing for everyone who thought enough of the game to support it for life (hell yeah lifers!) but man, would that start riots.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUE_The6BillionKgMan
That would be amazing for everyone who thought enough of the game to support it for life (hell yeah lifers!) but man, would that start riots.
Well tbh those of us who have paid over 14 months worth of subscription already should get preferential treatment over those who might not even last the headstart. By paying lifetime we have dedicated a lot of money and loyalty to the game.

I guess that could also be used as an excuse against it because they can screw with us as much as they like now that they have our cash...
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeh86 View Post

The best part of the queue is that im not going any closer to getting in but its getting longe and longer.
That would be so cool, except after a certain point you will no longer be supporting the game, at that point will you be given less priority than those that are still paying?

Honestly you payed the extra to be a borg not get perks over other players like oh getting into the game faster.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 01:59 PM
While I think that a Q system is a nice additive, and is definitely an improvement to hit Enter, disconnected from Server, Hit Enter, Repeat for a long time....

The Q lengths are a bit alarming ....542 out f 1241? and I've only gone down 3 in the last hour?

Realizing that the only people on right now are the pre-orders that offered access to the Head Start program....Tuesday will be a really rough day for Cryptic when the rest of the world comes on...

I will say thank you for the documented Q...but it is still a bit concerning.

ooo 541 of 1285..86...87.......
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Heres to hoping they have a ****load of hardware on emergency shipping coming tomorrow...