Lieutenant
# 1 romulan boff duty missions
07-28-2014, 02:07 PM
has the rarity of these increased. I took a few months off and on 3 roms I haven't seen one is several weeks.
Rihannsu
# 2
07-28-2014, 02:28 PM
Might be Season "upgrade" bug. Many missions got broken. Suliban for example.
# 3
07-28-2014, 03:53 PM
I have 3 Romulan toons and I have not once seen a Romulan or Reman recruitment mission since 9.35 went live.

They were rare before, but you could normally see them around once a week at least, sometimes more. But since the update, none! And even Ally recruitment missions are way rarer.

I'm hesitant to call it a bug and report it, unless more players pipe in and say that they also haven't seen a recruitment mission recently, so hopefully this thread gets some attention.

On a side note, It's meant that there are fewer and fewer Romulan BoFF's on the exchange, and SRO's are now up past 11+ million EC each (especially female BoFF's, as usual) ...

Back to power leveling Rom's to farm for BoFF's I guess.
Please ... Make it so ...!
Lieutenant
# 4
07-28-2014, 05:58 PM
I'll chime in confirming as well. I have 3 roms. 1 main on fed side, and then 1 fed and 1 klink just for farming this mission. I could usually count on my klink getting this once or twice a week. My main at least once a week. They've disappeared completely. I check hourly when I'm on at both Tau Dewa and the Command center. I haven't even gotten a regular recruitment mission for just fed aligned species either. Maybe 1 for a human on fed side. But 0 Romulan missions since the update. Hope it's just a bug with the timing. This was a good stable source of income for me, as well as allowing me to outfit my main and alts with full bridge crews. That it's rare shouldn't make any difference. I see Rare missions all the time multiple times a week for other assignments like Science and Eng and what not. It's not THAT rare, nor should it be.
Commander
# 5
07-29-2014, 12:39 AM
i have 3 romulan toons, and i check for them every day, and and several times, but nothing, nothing. i just have had a mission for a fed science boff (not interested)
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
07-29-2014, 08:40 AM
I haven't gotten one lately either. It may have been since s9.5 dropped, but I'm almost certain I did one using the new doff UI (don't hold me to this though, it may well have been on one of my other non-Romulan characters and I'm misremembering). I've seen the allied recruitment mission come up two or three times, but no Romulan. Romulan always seemed more common than those for me, despite what others claimed about it being rare.

I don't remember ever going more than a week without getting one. I think it's bugged, I filed a ticket last night.
Run canon ship loadouts and want to play with other players who do? Join the Star Trek Battles channel.
Lieutenant
# 7
07-29-2014, 09:43 AM
I don't think it's as rare as some people make it out to be. I got these pretty regularly. Like, at least 1 on at least 1 charcter a week. But usually I would get it multiple times a week
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
07-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Same. I never really thought they were rare at all. I'd even get Reman fairly regularly if I went out of my way to check on it enough. They seem to be completely nonexistent now, though.
Run canon ship loadouts and want to play with other players who do? Join the Star Trek Battles channel.
Commander
# 9
07-29-2014, 12:33 PM
The only way that I've gotten one this year is by leveling up a new toon.
My Reman hasn't seen one this year.
X2: Tovan Khev dies saving the alliance
X3: Tovan Khev comes back as one of the Q
Lieutenant
# 10
07-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Aside from the rarity, the problem I have with this assignment is that I can flag it on 1 character and then when I log into any other characters to flag it, it won't appear. It's as if I'm only allowed 1 copy of it at a time. As far as race and commendation ranks, all are the same. I can't think of any other variables that might affect it's presence.