where I have been for quite dsome time.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Booooooooooooo
01-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Im 465 of 975 Boooooooooooooo
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 12:46 PM
obviously there was an issue with one or more of the servers. They put in a queue when they took the problem child offline. They will be fixing it and then putting it back online and then the queue will be removed.

It doesn't take a genius to figure this all out all by yourself. Stop the complaining, and learn to deal with it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 12:50 PM
Here's the reality, Cryptic: if you do not add capacity to your servers now, people are going to quit. LOTS of people. And then you will have guaranteed your own fate of failure.

Step 1: Get a TON of people interested in your product.

Step 2: Only produce enough units of product to satisfy a fraction of your customer base.

Step 3: Watch as customers go elsewhere because your product is not available, even though they are willing to purchase it.

The non-lifers have your profit margins by the balls. If they quit, your profits from the lifetime subscriptions are only going to last a few months at best, and then you will start to lose money for having all these servers, which add operational cost. At some future point, your operational costs will exceed your demand because so many people quit out of frustration, and then you'll have to reduce your operational capacity.

The preferable thing would have been to provide enough capacity in the first place, so everyone can play and enjoy the game -- thus keeping people paying for it. You can make so much more money that way. Doesn't take a genius to realize that not meeting demand is suicidal for a business. Just imagine what the market would look like today if Microsoft were unable to produce enough copies of Windows to satisfy the demand? People would be using Linux and Mac like mad.

If we can't play, we won't pay. Simple as that. 100% agreed with OP.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 12:56 PM
1147 here.. but thats cool... let me find a fanboi to smack and I will get through it. Then I get in, enter the mission I was in during the shutdown, only to be given "server not responding" followed by "disconnected from server".

Cryptic, this is unacceptable.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
obviously there was an issue with one or more of the servers. They put in a queue when they took the problem child offline. They will be fixing it and then putting it back online and then the queue will be removed.

It doesn't take a genius to figure this all out all by yourself. Stop the complaining, and learn to deal with it.
No, absolutely nothing is 'obvious', feel free to enlighten us if you happen to be working for Cryptic and actually -know- what the problem is. Otherwise shut the hell up unless you have something vaguely constructive to offer.

Unless you happen to be a time traveler from next week or you work for Cryptic, you're just blowing nonsense out of your ass, you have no ability to know whether a server failed, or whether the queue will be removed. For all you know it could be 6872 of 10000 in the queue on Tuesday when the game goes live.

Thus, the argument that its acceptable and temporary is worthless conjecture.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sho Matsu****a
1147 here..

The scariest part is that some people are telling me they've seen numbers as high as -10,000-

So, taking bets as to how pathetically, rediculously high these numbers get by 02/02/2010.

15,000?

25,000?

50,000?

What a bloody joke.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sho Matsu****a
1147 here.. but thats cool... let me find a fanboi to smack and I will get through it. Then I get in, enter the mission I was in during the shutdown, only to be given "server not responding" followed by "disconnected from server".

that is how its meant to be said, good posting.