Commander
Just wondering if anyone had done that before? Like the Caitian Scientist thread, Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar, Project Chrysalis or the 4028 Fugitives? Sometimes when I'l running the doff assignments I just think - even for basic ones - now I wish I could actually play that. Maybe that would be a fun thing for the next foundry challenge.

& Rose Tinted Mirror (Fed 31+)
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-29-2014, 02:39 PM
I want an "execute for incompetence" mission with tovan khev!
Captain
# 3
07-29-2014, 03:22 PM
Interesting Idea, Might be worth investing some time into it

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Empire Veteran
# 4
07-29-2014, 03:38 PM
I may have to do doff missions based on the cat doff chain after I finish my main stuff...

Maybe..
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Commander
# 5
07-29-2014, 03:59 PM
You're in luck, Isthisscience - Onlyslightlybent did several of them. I haven't played any of them myself yet, but they've had good reviews on the forum. There was definitely "Holodeck Performance of Hamlet" and "Rescue Butterfly from Death by Trampling"; there may have been more, but I can't seem to get into the game to check right now.

Lincolninspace's "A Time to Search" is also sort of based on a DOff mission, apparently, in that it's a mission to rescue officers who went on a mining project and never came back. Haven't played that one either!
Career Officer
# 6
07-29-2014, 04:51 PM
Well... since my rewrite, "Dubious Gifts" would now qualify... kinda... based on the "Attend the Gratitude Festival on Bajor" Doff assignment.
Member of Special Operations Command (UFP)
and leader of House of Calafia (KDF)
and Foundry author (first mission published July 2014)
Career Officer
# 7
07-29-2014, 07:45 PM
One of my as-yet-undeveloped mission concepts is a KDF standalone based on "Compete In Unsanctioned Combat Arena". The premise would be that your DOff never returned from the mission but was never reported dead, either, so you go to investigate and, naturally, end up having to compete in the arena yourself.

Alas, I presently have too much on my plate to make "Unsanctioned" any time soon, so if anyone else wants to pick up that concept and run with it, be my guest...
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
07-29-2014, 07:58 PM
I want to see this done as a coordinated effort. A lot.
Commander
# 9
07-30-2014, 03:12 AM
This is an idea I've brought up before in the forums and I think it's a great idea. There are a ton of story ideas just waiting to be told. And the beauty is even using the same doff missions different authors would tell different stories.

The first time I thought about it after a DOFF mission of mine ended in disaster and sent several crewman to the sick bay for a few days. The thing was it was a science mission, something like analyze an alien database. I thought, how in the hell can you end up in sick bay for several days after analyzing a DB? Maybe I should tell that story.

Last edited by rekurzion; 07-30-2014 at 03:36 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
07-30-2014, 03:21 AM
I would love to create "Investigate Rumors of Klingon Intelligence " and let it end in Critical Disaster .

"I'm sorry to say we were unable to find any kind of intelligence"
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^