Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 01:46 PM
Do you actually read what you type?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veygar
Be the trekkies who dress like warf and wait in a "que" line to get into the convention.

Well sorry guys, I like star trek too, but waiting in a line for a GAME when I can easily spend my money on a game that has no line, is ridiculous.

Like one poster mentioned on this forum that people are pointing out, that yes this has happened in one or two other MMOs at launch, but they had multiple servers to play on. This single server idea cryptic had has to be one of the worst ideas in recent MMO history.

p.s. Yes it works for Eve, but there aren't as many people at their launch. Cryptic should of done their research and prevented this. This is Pre-launch, not Open Beta.
One or Two MMOs?? Try like most MMOs. WoW, EQ, EQ2, WAR, ***, Vanguard Online, SWG, etc.

All MMO Launches basically always suck.

People that expect a flawless launch are just being unrealistic.

Common sense tells you to avoid launches if the nature of launches are too much to deal with. Wait a month or two, then sub. Continue playing another MMO, or play a Single player game for a while, until things stabilize.

The money gamers pay out is very small. You pay more for a single Dinner date. So we should not expect 5 Star service for 1 Star Prices.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 01:51 PM
Again with all the people accusing anyone of QQing, like one of them said, they have nothing better to do because they probably aren't even able to play.

Temper Tantrum? Did I sound aggressive in my post? Nope don't think I did, frustrated? Yes. Temper tantrum? I think not.

Also for all the "good, bye, more for us" The initial drop off after the free 30 days is up will be steep, like most launchs, but I think the woes Cryptic is having will cause an even steeper one. My point? Less annual subscribers means less develop money. Meaning less content. It would be in your best interest if you are really wanting this game to succeed, to see people stay instead of leave.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veygar
Be the trekkies who dress like warf
Its Worf you nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenzodiac View Post
You're absolutely right.
We should all be throwing temper tantrums!
That would do immense amounts of good!
I feel my tears on my keyboard effecting the state of the game!
Well, I lold hard. Thank you!\

The queue sucks, but theres a simple solution. Deal with it, or don't. Go to one of those other games, and don't let the door hit ya on the way out! Less queue for the rest of us.

Also yes, server capacity is gonna be a huge issue, release day is looking to be a gigantic mess so far, I hope Cryptic is bracing for impact...

...but I'll still be there, ready to play
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
Stop. torturing. the. fanbois.

But........But..........But it is so fun:p
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urko View Post
I agree with you.

I think it is the one server setup that is going to be a big issue, if a queue is needed in headstart, i dont like to say it , but i can see a real disaster launch day.
While I am sure it makes the problem worse, I would not say its the reason. I have experienced similar server issue at Launch of other Multi-Server MMO games. In fact, it generally is an expected fact that server stability will be horrible for the first week of launch of an MMO. We will see similar issues with TOR when it launches.
Lt. Commander
# 17
Come on, you don't actually believe they aren't paid shills do you? You are naive, my friend

'When targeting consumers known to be consistent Internet users, undercover marketers have taken a significant interest in leveraging Internet chat rooms and forums[citation needed]. In these settings, people tend to perceive everyone as peers[citation needed], the anonymity reduces the risk of being found out, and one marketer can personally influence a large number of people...''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undercover_marketing
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
One or Two MMOs?? Try like most MMOs. WoW, EQ, EQ2, WAR, ***, Vanguard Online, SWG, etc.

All MMO Launches basically always suck.

People that expect a flawless launch are just being unrealistic.

Common sense tells you to avoid launches if the nature of launches are too much to deal with. Wait a month or two, then sub. Continue playing another MMO, or play a Single player game for a while, until things stabilize.

The money gamers pay out is very small. You pay more for a single Dinner date. So we should not expect 5 Star service for 1 Star Prices.
WRONG. WoW - never played that kiddie MMO. EQ - Never played the original. EQ2 - I played at launch, don't ever remember a que I had to wait in. WAR - Never sat in a que at launch. I was a beta tester because I was an internal tester for Mythic in ****. and played at launch. ***, sorry no que, played head start in that too. SWG - No que, but some servers like Bloodfin were full, but I had no problem finding one that wasn't to start on.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackjaw
But........But..........But it is so fun:p
XD

I love this community.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 02:00 PM
The fact that other MMOs have had issues at launch doesn't mean that we should collectively accept it. That just encourages a "launch, then fix" approach. That isn't accepted in a lot of other businesses, why should it be here?