Lt. Commander
# 1 Joined trill question
01-31-2010, 07:36 AM
yet again i suck at searching - i really have to go read a guide on how to do it better :p

anyway question to any dev/cryptic employee/ STO forum member that can answer : is the Symbiote trait (or whatever its called) one of the auto selected traits or do you have to select it yourself? and also , is the normal trill trait : "hyper metabolism" auto selected as well(or even included)?

ie . will picking a joined trill auto select Symbiote + Hyper metabolism + 2 traits that you can pick your self?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 07:37 AM
they will be auto-selected + 2 traits of your choice that a trill can have.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 07:55 AM
thanks for the reply guess then for me it comes down to aesthetics when im choosing trill vs borg - the traits would be pretty much same in the end
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanK
yet again i suck at searching - i really have to go read a guide on how to do it better :p

anyway question to any dev/cryptic employee/ STO forum member that can answer : is the Symbiote trait (or whatever its called) one of the auto selected traits or do you have to select it yourself? and also , is the normal trill trait : "hyper metabolism" auto selected as well(or even included)?

ie . will picking a joined trill auto select Symbiote + Hyper metabolism + 2 traits that you can pick your self?
the symbiont trait is actually a 5th trait. so you would get to pick 3 more traits after the two auto selects.

borgs only get 4 traits total.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0t.Xoc
the symbiont trait is actually a 5th trait. so you would get to pick 3 more traits after the two auto selects.

Actually, there are no 'Official' postings that indicate the 'Joined Trill' have 5 traits (I've looked, and asked for one...) I believe this is a misinterpretation of the '5 Skill Bonus' of the 'Joined Trill' trait... 5 Skill bonus != (NOT EQUAL TO) 5 Traits
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0t.Xoc

Have we confirmed they get more traits than any other race?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Actually, there are no 'Official' postings that indicate the 'Joined Trill' have 5 traits (I've looked, and asked for one...) I believe this is a misinterpretation of the '5 Skill Bonus' of the 'Joined Trill' trait... 5 Skill bonus != (NOT EQUAL TO) 5 Traits
hm, i guess you are right based on what i found below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendal View Post
Have we confirmed they get more traits than any other race?
this is what i found.

go here http://www.startrekonline.com/retail and next to "Atari Digit Deluxe Edition" click "Detail" and hover your mouse over "Joined Trill." it says, "The 'joined' species trait grants you a bonus to five skills."