Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erastuss View Post
If you are still curious, I would suggest getting out of this forum. You will find very strong opinions on all sides. I looked online and found everything from reviews of past MMO projects, to Atari financial information. I am not going to tell you what to think, but I am confident in my concern for the life of this MMO. Readers disagree with me....fine...look it up.
Any links?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 12:16 PM
I was also thinking that if this thing fails, then the Trek hopes for an MMO are doomed. This is our LAST best hope in the galaxy. I doubt another developer will take on the Trek universe for an MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Louis.Martin View Post
Any links?
Sorry, not trying to be evasive, but some of the news is of a legal nature. I don't want to get myself in trouble on the STO forum. Just search "Atari financials" or try Wikepedia to begin your own investigation. I never played Champions Online, but plenty of players have posted their opinions in the STO forum. Looking for a broader view, I went online to read various reviews about Champion and other projects. Starting online at those sites, one can also find Atari responses....so you can decide. IMyself...I am concerned...but I am still here. Hoping that Atari and Cryptic evolve, I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erastuss View Post
Sorry, not trying to be evasive, but some of the news is of a legal nature. I don't want to get myself in trouble on the STO forum. Just search "Atari financials" or try Wikepedia to begin your own investigation. I never played Champions Online, but plenty of players have posted their opinions in the STO forum. Looking for a broader view, I went online to read various reviews about Champion and other projects. Starting online at those sites, one can also find Atari responses....so you can decide. IMyself...I am concerned...but I am still here. Hoping that Atari and Cryptic evolve, I guess.
I didn't really read anything that was too alarming. It seems as if the company had some financial difficulty, but to be honest I am not too surprised. It was a tough year for a lot of businesses. This game could really help them out a lot if they can get it off the ground. As for Champions, well it's still going, and it seems it wasn't a great launch. I would guess that this game will do better. My biggest fear is that the Star Wars MMO will kill this game... I guess we will have to just wait and see.