Lt. Commander
# 1 Ah, the Internet
01-31-2010, 02:01 PM
It seems that some people just find that they have to be horribly rude to accomplish anything on the internet. Really, lets take a look at some of these topic names.

"F**K YOU CRYPTIC" ( Pg. 4 )

"F**K YOU" ( Pg. 1 )

"CRYTIC U SUK" ( Pg. 6 )

With numerous other posts, obviously posted by ignorant idiots. Not only are they unnecessarily rude, but they're also rather ignorant.

Do your research, guys. Launching a game isn't easy. These hiccups are expected, and have happened in every early start I've ever played in.

Please, can we at least attempt to carry ourselves with some kind of dignity, even if we're complaining about a problem?

Cause the way you guys are doing it now, no game developer is going to even think about reading your post.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-November View Post
It seems that some people just find that they have to be horribly rude to accomplish anything on the internet. Really, lets take a look at some of these topic names.

"F**K YOU CRYPTIC" ( Pg. 4 )

"F**K YOU" ( Pg. 1 )

"CRYTIC U SUK" ( Pg. 6 )

With numerous other posts, obviously posted by ignorant idiots. Not only are the unnecessarily rude, but they're also rather ignorant.

Do your research, guys. Launching a game isn't easy. These hiccups are expected, and have happened in every early start I've ever played in.

Please, can we at least attempt to carry ourselves with some kind of dignity, even if we're complaining about a problem?

Cause the way you guys are doing it now, no game developer is going to even think about reading your post.
Yes, rough launches have happened in the past, but this isn't 2004 anymore. This is a mature industry with an established roadmap to get a game online. These days, bad launches beget bad press which can kill a game.

Don't demean yourself by expecting less. You preordered a game to get head start access to it. This game is supposed to be Live, not Down.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty1117 View Post
Yes, rough launches have happened in the past, but this isn't 2004 anymore. This is a mature industry with an established roadmap to get a game online. These days, bad launches beget bad press which can kill a game.

Don't demean yourself by expecting less. You preordered a game to get head start access to it. This game is supposed to be Live, not Down.
Sure, I agree, but that isn't really the point of this post. I'm just asking people portray some sort of decency so I don't die of whip-lash injuries from banging my head to the desk.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty1117 View Post

yes this is 2010 not 2004, but the things is, computer hardware/software/internet/and customer response, is never a set thing, many things can and will go wrong, and is why no MMORPG has ever had a "perfect" start"

You plan for all the problems you can think of, then fix the ones that show up in closed/open beta, and then fix the ones that show up at retail launch.