Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingi
i'm exceptionally happy.

i've put in close to 20 hours so far, had a lot of the downtime problem hit me too but i just waited and watched star trek

no MMO has 100% uptime, its an actual impossibility, and there will be days when people cant connect at all when others can. thats why the EULA states cryptic cant be held liable for downtime or being unable to connect (as do all MMO's)

i'm just gonna carry on doing my thing and enjoying the game, if people want to hate on it for whatever reason, let them. once they get bored and leave life will be a little brighter
To be fair, the issue here isn't 100% uptime, haha. It's down nearly as much as it's up.

Yes, it's early. But it's still disappointing for now. Hopefully that will change soon.

If you really want to compare it to other MMO's at or around launch, I'd say this is middle of the road. Not the worst, but not among the best as far as server stability. What's surprising to me isn't necessarily the downtime, but rather the way the servers keep going up and down. It's kind of a rollercoaster ride. Just when you think you're safe to play, it crashes on you again. I think that might be what is causing some of the reaction from players.