Lt. Commander
# 1 An Improved Login Queue
01-31-2010, 02:17 PM
I understand the purpose behind server limits, login queues, etc. I'm a long time MMO vet, and no stranger to them, so I have no complaints about a login queue for STO. But, I have a general desire for the whole login queue concept that it would be nice to see Cryptic be the first to implement...

Instead of the login queue being displayed on the full screen, full sound (ie: full memory load) character selection screen, I'd rather see it as a small, inconspicuous, low memory dialog window that allows people to do other things on their computers while waiting.

The dialog could flash, or make noise, or do something to alert players when they're within the next 10 logins, or so. But, other than that, there's no reason I can think of to require the full client to be running just to watch a countdown.

Just a friendly suggestion, but valid I think.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazulfel View Post
I understand the purpose behind server limits, login queues, etc. I'm a long time MMO vet, and no stranger to them, so I have no complaints about a login queue for STO. But, I have a general desire for the whole login queue concept that it would be nice to see Cryptic be the first to implement...

Instead of the login queue being displayed on the full screen, full sound (ie: full memory load) character selection screen, I'd rather see it as a small, inconspicuous, low memory dialog window that allows people to do other things on their computers while waiting.

The dialog could flash, or make noise, or do something to alert players when they're within the next 10 logins, or so. But, other than that, there's no reason I can think of to require the full client to be running just to watch a countdown.

Just a friendly suggestion, but valid I think.
Agreed. That is all.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 02:21 PM
Very nice suggestion. Woulda made my reply shorter... but the reply box wouldn't let me
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Not to rain on your parade, but the result of that would be more people sitting in queue and exponentially longer wait times. If the queue just sat there and let you go do everything else then people would just queue up and go.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 02:29 PM
I also don't like the fact that they log you out if you have been inactive for 15 minutes.....hard to stay active in a queue