Rihannsu
# 21
07-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
Fixed this so the link now goes to the EULA Forum Thread.

~CaptainSmirk
Thanks!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 22
08-07-2014, 03:59 AM
Hmm the whole sela model thing..seems odd..i used is as a clone of sela for 2 years..mind you she has a new name.. personality..completely different to Sela.. are they afraid we'll do something illegal with the likeness?

and..this is where I find it odd..most people when they think of canon characters..we do think of them as their actors.. and if you create one that doesn't look anything like it...well.. it could ruin the gaming experience..and as we all know its the odd things that seem to ruin it

I chose just to use my own and just refer to canon characters stuff..i read alot os star wars books and the best ones are the ones with very few if any of the main characters from the movies..its a big galaxy.. hardto believe its the sae few people who are always there saving the day
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
08-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariuskoronikov View Post
I chose just to use my own
This.

You are always, always, always better off making up your own characters. That way there's no ambiguity or legal issues to hassle with.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Ensign
# 24
08-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Exactly, your not bound by the canon character peronalitie either..you can be as out and out creative..like my Admiral Rolt...a Bajoran with a Cardassian wifeand half cardie daughter

I think alot of this is to stop people writing them..out of character or going out and out weird..like a mission where..say you go back in time and cure kirk of erectile disfunction so he can father spocks sisters ( i know he doesn't but some halfwit could "create" one ) sothe resulting hybrids great grandson..on his mothers side..becomes president.. y'know stupid..stupid stuff
Rihannsu
# 25
08-08-2014, 06:07 PM
One character I had a lot of fun creating is Enliss. She's a liberated Borg Vorta from a parallel universe, and has a mean streak even longer than the scar on her face.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 26
08-09-2014, 05:03 PM
i see your Enliss and raise you Vollana. a romulan commando, who is too arrogant..for other romulans..highlights include wanting to cut a ferengis lobes off with a dull blade (would make it more fun apparently )..winning the first bat'leth tournament open to other races (and gloating about being a superior warrior)..eah.. she is death to all who oppose her
Rihannsu
# 27
08-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Sounds interesting. Not a typical Romulan, but not far from it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 28
08-10-2014, 11:07 AM
I'll see your Vollana and raise you Grell, a wisecracking ex-Ferengi military Section 31 supervisor.

I really love turning species stereotypes completely inside-out.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Ensign
# 29
08-10-2014, 05:03 PM
if you type dariuskoronikov into the fundry search you'll get my missions..(its a series of 40 missions..with Vollana and many more characters in it )

and I agree sometimes turning stereotypes on their head or..highlighting the sillieness of it..e.g. Vollana sounds like the perfect romulan..efficient, calculating and arrogant..but shes more or less TOO good..highlighting the perfet romulan makes for a poor soldier (not in ability..but more int he taking orders regardless of personal opinion way )

I created a bunch of vorta who were an experiment by the founders to see if vorta would serve by choice not preprogrammed loyalty.when some didn't wanna they tried to erradicate them..but some got asylum in the federation

and of course an experimental cardasssian combat hologram which..imagine Roddy McDowall playing a Cardassian..and thats him
Rihannsu
# 30
08-10-2014, 07:32 PM
Well, one interesting aspect of Enliss is that the Founders of this universe didn't create her but she's loyal to them anyways. However, she doesn't ACT like the Vorta in this universe. She doesn't bother with tact or niceties, and is often mean just because she can.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!