Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I understand down times, crashes, and fixes, but the fact that Cryptic thought they could just take the headstart weekend off BAFFLES me to no end. This entire afternoon we have not heard a peep, and yesterday when we did it was mostly from "redshirt" CS's and not their A team.

You guys appologized for the lack of communication yesterday, only to provide NONE today?! You can't take the weekend off if it's the weekend before launch and you have yet to keep the server up stable for evem 12 straight hours. We need communication, and frankly the servers should have been taken down by now.

Your Queuing system might as well not even be there, because it doesn't even hardly move. If there are not at least a hundred players logging in and out any second in STO, then your Server cap is WAY too low.

Even lower caps on wow servers see positions in the hundreds winding down to 1 in under a minute.

You can't have us waiting hours to get in and expect people to want to subscribe to that. While this is something I am sure you will fix, until you DO get your servers working as they should you cannot keep taking off on the weekends and letting all hell break loose. Especially THIS weekend.

How is the server or even the website going to handle Tuesday?!

I made special plans to have this entire weekend to play, and I would have accepted the downtimes and crashes, but the lack of communication and the fact that most devs seem to be out of office is not going to fly.

I am here for the long haul, but if this continues you will find this surprise hit turn into a small crowd in just a few days. Day 31 is what counts, and yet how many preorders have you lost just in the last two days?

Please get a handle on this, and start talking to us, even on the weekends.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Agreed.. I mean I'm currently one of the lucky ones, I'm still in-game, but even I'm a bit miffed about the whole thing. Obviously the Queue system is bugged..

I'm to scared to even leave my current instance, lest I be disconnected and have to go through the bugged Queue..
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 03:41 PM
The last ten Dev posts are in German. i'm happy fo rGerman speakers but as I flunked it in school I wouldn't mind a Dev to clue me in too.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm angry because I can't play a game I bought, and it causes me more grief than actual fun time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 03:42 PM
*shrug*
What would you like them to say?

"Sorry, we know about it and are working on it."
Also, telling us when load would be reduced would not help. Think of it this way...

Let's say they tell us "We are buying servers and will have 2 new ones installed on February 10". That means that many of the players would stop playing on the 10th. This would provide the network operations guys with inaccurate data at launch. Accounting for that would be very difficult. Right now they KNOW how many people are trying to log in and can use that information as well as what they get on launch day to buy the correct number of servers required for smooth operation.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywolfrex View Post
The last ten Dev posts are in German. i'm happy fo rGerman speakers but as I flunked it in school I wouldn't mind a Dev to clue me in too.
Probably not even linked to the current problem.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 03:44 PM
They go home for the weekend. There is no one even around to care or worry about any of this on any weekend. Thier "new mmo" has just released. Not to mention if they got the crazy atari bonus that everyone talked about, the higher-ups are on a beach somewhere laughing. lol.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
*shrug*

Also, telling us when load would be reduced would not help. Think of it this way...

Let's say they tell us "We are buying servers and will have 2 new ones installed on February 10". That means that many of the players would stop playing on the 10th. This would provide the network operations guys with inaccurate data at launch. Accounting for that would be very difficult. Right now they KNOW how many people are trying to log in and can use that information as well as what they get on launch day to buy the correct number of servers required for smooth operation.

yes, I want to be informed what they are doing to fix their probem.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 03:45 PM
yep im angry cuz they dont say anything.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
*shrug*

Uhhh, I don't entirely buy the logic. You see, if your counting hypothesis is their motivation for not letting us know, encountering too much BS encourages people to stop logging on, thereby skewing the numbers. It also encourages people who are on the fence not to buy the game.