Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 11
07-24-2014, 08:49 PM
I think Storming the Spire is a really interesting mission, one which should pay out a lot more for the time investment it demands. It's locked behind a 15min timer, so you should get way more marks from it than ISE pays out. It requires more teamwork than ISE does, but it pays peanuts.

Azure Nebula is also a good mission that's dead because of the insulting mark rewards.
Captain
# 12
07-25-2014, 06:59 AM
I am against the idea of providing a choice of marks for the Borg STFs.

Reasons:

1. Umm.... Borg = Omega
2. It is already overplayed.
3. This will basically kill all the other STFs because no one will play them.
4. Gaining marks will actually slow down because of the 1 hour cool down and the possibility that people will not bother playing the other PvE missions.

The solution is to increase the reward of the other PvE missions. I would be happy if Cryptic simply increase the mark reward by 50%. Being able to get 36 marks from Azure Nebula Rescue is not was good as getting 60 or 75 marks from the Borg eSTFs, but it's a hell of a lot better than 24 marks.

Leave the Borg STF missions alone!!!

However, it would be nice to get 11 BNPs again.
Captain
# 13
07-25-2014, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
I think Storming the Spire is a really interesting mission, one which should pay out a lot more for the time investment it demands. It's locked behind a 15min timer, so you should get way more marks from it than ISE pays out. It requires more teamwork than ISE does, but it pays peanuts.

Azure Nebula is also a good mission that's dead because of the insulting mark rewards.
In many ways I find that Storming the Spire Elite is more challenging than the Borg eSTF (excluding Hive Onslaught Elite). It would be nice if the mark payout was increased by at least 50%
Captain
# 14
07-25-2014, 08:42 AM
Why to Borg events ... why not all the events?
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Ensign
# 15
07-29-2014, 07:55 PM
There is a chooce of marks if not it maybe they will do it soon.
Captain
# 16
07-29-2014, 08:02 PM
I think the other things need an increase in payout to entice players to actually play the missions. Some of the queued Fleet Actions get almost 0 attention period as is. Its even worse KDF side for FLEET marks. Waiting for a Colony Invasion run feels like waiting for a ground STF.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Rose
And then I sneezed. And then I exploded.
Captain
# 17
07-30-2014, 12:06 PM
Elite content should give at a minimum 60 Marks considering that is the minimum for ISE. Missions should not give out Marks unless it features the main enemy or ally of the reputation in the mission. So a Borg STF should not give out Romulan Marks, Nukara Marks, Dyson Marks, or Undine Marks unless there are Romulan captives or Tholian, Voth, or Undine enemies. Fleet Marks, on the other hand, should be converted to Reputation Marks as long as it doesn't involve the current Reputation. So we should be able to convert Fleet Marks to Omega, Romulan, Nukara, or Dyson Marks, but not Undine Marks until the next reputation comes out.
Captain
# 18
07-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler2 View Post
I think the other things need an increase in payout to entice players to actually play the missions. Some of the queued Fleet Actions get almost 0 attention period as is. Its even worse KDF side for FLEET marks. Waiting for a Colony Invasion run feels like waiting for a ground STF.
Too true! I like Colony Invasion a lot but queuing for the KDF side can take twice as long to get an instance running than it does to complete a full instance of it.

I think every mission in the PvE queue should award a choice of any marks. Space mission wise, ISE is a very good mission that the reward seems fair for the time it takes to complete. If the other missions in the PvE queue rewarded a better sum of marks for the time it takes to complete the mission, then I think players would enjoy running other missions that aware a higher amount of marks.
<--------------------> <--------------------> <-------------------->
Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
Career Officer
# 19
07-30-2014, 11:44 PM
An elite version of Azure Nebula Rescue would be awesome.

As for naysayers on the choice of Omega or Fleet marks from Borg STFs because this option might reduce the popularity of other STFs: That's unlikely. That argument is full of fear and devoid of logic. Perhaps they should remove fleet marks from everything that isn't specifically a "fleet" queue? No. Nonsense.

Adding the choice of Omega or Fleet marks to the Borg STFs won't hurt anything, but will help to make those missions more relevant to the current state of the game.

That said, i'd love to see a new Super Elite / Ultra version of The Cure added, where the borg ship at the end does something more exciting than just sit there and blow up.