Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Its just really annoying that they didnt expect this. Like really Star Trek has a huge fan base. They should have known to have more servers, and perhaps even more shards east/west coast type of thing. The map transfers are horrendously long and everytime you go to do one you cringe because its like playing Russian roulette that takes you 5 minutes to figure out if you get the transfer or you get dropped by the server.

This game is stellar...well it would be if they could figure out these hardware issues. Im just about at Cmd and seriously in the time I have been playing I think there has been more downtime than active server time. Seriously what MMO can you play and get more studying done than actual game play?

Realistically this is Wow all over again, and realistically that is the only release which can be compared to this one in popularity, and we are experiancing the same problems now as we were back when Wow released. I expected something along these lines but the degree of complacence from cryptic regarding their hardware upgrades is astounding. When blizzard saw the response that their game had incurred from their customer base they had triple the servers up within a week. Cryptic has been having these problems since at least open Beta so what 2 weeks ish? This is a pitiful response time. Release is going to be a **** show.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Certainly. One's position in line should decrease the closer they get to their turn, or else some other indicator of how soon a person in line can expect to be let in. Even a simple "Now Serving # whatever" message would be good. WoW's queues give only your place in line (last time I played it, at least...3-4 years ago), CoH's servers don't ever need queues because there's 11 of 'em and a low-to-moderate player population. I like the single-shard design, but stable capacity should trump a unified player experience.

I hope those extra servers they ordered back in OB are up and running soon.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 02:06 PM
WTF? I just jumped from 219 of some ungodly number to the Regulus Secter block!

GL everybody
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Heading out for dinner, maybe by the time we get home it will be fixed....