Lt. Commander
# 1 Convince me to buy! Please
01-31-2010, 02:17 PM
Being a sci-fi guy, I am really excited 'bout STO. Yet I'm hesitant when it comes to buying games with popular brand names. The powers that be tend to make them cheaply and survive off the name(for the exception of LOTRO, I can't think of one that held my interest.

I chickened out when SWG released for that reason. I've tried COH and WOW, but although they were enjoyable, they didn't hold my interest. I was in need of a brand name(a little familiarity).

Then I gambled on LOTRO. I just love it and have regreted not being there for the release with everyone else. Even though the content is updated it was never my kind of theme.

From the looks of the video previews, I STO looks like something I've been lookin' for. Although the lack of crafting makes me sad, I'm willing to overlook it for some good old'fashioned space battles.

Not having been involved in the beta, can someone give me some good expieriences with the game?
No negativity please(I've read enough of those)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Find someone with a buddy pass or try to find a trial.....thats all i can suggest....i bought it and the lifetime.....it has problems but hey....its not a perfect world. Try it and see for yourself. Enjoy :-)
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRHsDad View Post
Being a sci-fi guy, I am really excited 'bout STO. Yet I'm hesitant when it comes to buying games with popular brand names. The powers that be tend to make them cheaply and survive off the name(for the exception of LOTRO, I can't think of one that held my interest.

I chickened out when SWG released for that reason. I've tried COH and WOW, but although they were enjoyable, they didn't hold my interest. I was in need of a brand name(a little familiarity).

Then I gambled on LOTRO. I just love it and have regreted not being there for the release with everyone else. Even though the content is updated it was never my kind of theme.

From the looks of the video previews, I STO looks like something I've been lookin' for. Although the lack of crafting makes me sad, I'm willing to overlook it for some good old'fashioned space battles.

Not having been involved in the beta, can someone give me some good expieriences with the game?
No negativity please(I've read enough of those)
Convince yourself!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 02:40 PM
not going try

this games is major carebear and very simple to play. dieing has no meaning in the game

if you love star trek buy it, if you don't stay away

its that simple
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 02:43 PM
Wouldn't me convincing you to play only put yet one more person in queue ahead of me? (sorry couldn't resist)
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 02:55 PM
TY all, but does anyone have a good STO story to tell, that will overshadow all the negativity about the game. I understand the issues. That's why I prefer MMO(continuous updates and content)

$50 is alot on my budget for something, I'd play a month.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 03:14 PM
The game is extremly repetetive. Everybody will be bored out of their skull in a few weeks. Ive played for 3 days and Im getting bored already. Will probably just play one month.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRHsDad View Post
It's new and shiny, that is the best thing going for it right now.

What part of "No negativity please(I've read enough of those)" is beyond comprehension?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Do I, get a Badge for this ????

I could be a Badge W_ _ _ _ .

Even tho you can't earn any in this game lol.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 04:37 PM
OP. The worst thing you could do is ask on these forums, due to the obscene amount of trolls that have come over from WoW, with the sole intent on ruining this game. Give it a month or two and there will be a free trial out, also check youtube for some really good gameplay videos.