Lt. Commander
I just wanted to clear something up. It says in a lot of posts that the login server cant handle the traffic. However i dug a bit deeper and it seems the actual servers are full.

Are you guys seriously maxed out?

Anyway thanks for fixing it
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 02:36 PM
I hope they are maxed out, makes it easier for their technical department to get more funding for new servers....

I just wish people would understand that not everthing is as black and white as they seem to think.

I have played every MMO i ahve come across, and login problems are always there in the beginning...

The reason is simple.

When you make a budget to manufacture a on-line game, you set a goal of subs, then you buy servers to handle that amount.

If there is a 300% increase in subs from the budget, guess what!????? we get a login Q. Which was implemented towards the end of beta, in response to all of us on the forums that wanted something like that implemented instead of the Server is full, now bugger off and try again later message.

But they will get new servers, it will be fixed...

And all MMO has the same problem..

Once more i will write this:

Blizzard had a goal of getting 200,000 paying subs.... that was the goal for WoW. They had massive problems with logins, even though they used multiple virtual servers instead.... They had to get people to move from servers to a new server, just to limit the amount of Q's happening... i remember sitting for 3 hours waiting to get in...

It happens, so take your medication and relax a little.....

PS: this was not directed to OP, but just a general note.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Well sure i get that nothing evers runs smoothly, i havent seen many product launches that went smoothly, but we saw this during the open beta. During the last days the player number went through the roof. You think they would have been able to requisition more server.

I just hope they can fix this really really quickly, because it frustrates me understandably.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 02:48 PM
Servers cost Money. Not being inflammatory or Smug or anything. Just saying since this is Headstart and not actual Launch, the money hasn't quite cleared yet and they already expanded during Open Beta. So they already know how and should have less problems than they did during Open Beta. Considering Launch is on a Tuesday, it will probably go smoother (standard business hours - which is probably a factor considering there suppliers most likely follow those hours). Not particularly worried about it, just expecting problems with server load til then. Then we'll see how badly/well Cryptic/Atari does when the money isn't a factor anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 02:53 PM
that being said, this is insane...
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 02:56 PM
This is CRAP CRYPTIC, why you are selling game that is not even PLAYABLE. This is a rip off. WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS THIS SERVERS ARE FULL. WE PAID FOR THIS.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 03:05 PM
They may have more servers just waiting intl the 2nd to bring them on line . It cost money to run them .
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Um, they know how many orders they have, then they should plan to launch with capasicy for say 5x that number.
It's not rocket science.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Well up until today I wasn't worried about any of these issues. But today has been a real mess.

I understand they are maxed out right now, I just hope this isnt an issue on the 2nd. Just a few mins ago I waited 15 mins to login... hit an unexplored in aruconis arm.... waiting 10 mins for the mission to load... then it didn't and times me out.... disconnected me completely.... now im waiting another 15 mins to get back in....

If this happens to people on the 2nd.... a lot of people will be angry. So I hope the plan is in motion to have things working properly on the 2nd.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTVAPSAMTIK View Post
This is CRAP CRYPTIC, why you are selling game that is not even PLAYABLE. This is a rip off. WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS THIS SERVERS ARE FULL. WE PAID FOR THIS.
There's more than just the servers behind this...look at that system! WHOAH WOW! I'd be mad too if my games weren't working after buying that!