Lt. Commander
# 1 Headstart and Server Full?
01-31-2010, 03:31 PM
Well if the head start is any indication of what is to come, You guys there at cryptic better either make a new server or let more in on this one. People are going to get ****ed fast...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 03:32 PM
ya I'm baffled that the servers are full and I'm in queue and it's only head start. I mean what's going to happen at launch? I was not expecting to have a wait when I logged in today.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm pretty ****ed now!

Moved 2 places in the queue in 5 minutes ... supersized fail

No way can this keep up (no one will subscribe)

:cry:
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 03:38 PM
I for one am happy, this means Cryptic expectations/calculations once again have been smashed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 03:38 PM
yup i was 561 when i tried logging in, now i'm 548. this just plain sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slough-3yeZ
I for one am happy, this means Cryptic expectations/calculations once again have been smashed.
Meh. It actually means that they're attempting to stabilize whichever servers are causing the crashes by throttling the number of concurrent users. There are not suddenly more headstart users on today than there were yesterday.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the login queue code is not working right at all. My position won't move, but the other number constantly does. If I exit and reload, I can make my position jump from 900+ to under 100.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
Meh. It actually means that they're attempting to stabilize whichever servers are causing the crashes by throttling the number of concurrent users. There are not suddenly more headstart users on today than there were yesterday.
Attempting to stabilize the servers, my ass. The servers are WAY less stable now then during OPEN Beta...I had server lag which i never had before, and got disconnected from the server mid game after being in que for 10 minutes...now i'm back in que and it's been 20.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philroe View Post
Attempting to stabilize the servers, my ass. The servers are WAY less stable now then during OPEN Beta...I had server lag which i never had before, and got disconnected from the server mid game after being in que for 10 minutes...now i'm back in que and it's been 20.
Cancel the attempt and re-login(may take a few times). It will bypass the buggy queue.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by subgenius5150 View Post
Well if the head start is any indication of what is to come, You guys there at cryptic better either make a new server or let more in on this one. People are going to get ****ed fast...
I complete agree. The queue is ridiculous for quick start. I have tried a few times today to get in and haven't had a chance. Currently 734/734 and not moving. I really think that there has to be some thought to the load once we launch if it is this bad now. In addition there really needs to be some sort of compensation for the lost head start people. We totally are getting gipped and I know they wont delay actual launch. Credits in game, some items...something to compensate for a lack of a promised working head start.