Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Oh boy. Tuesday is going to be FUN!

If things are this messed up with just the head start folks. The official launch is going to be interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 03:22 PM
You guys do realize that the brunt of the staff is off for the weekend right and they've been working non stop for the past month or more? Its why Zinc, Rekhan, StormShade, MattH, ect haven't even been posting on twitter. Check back tomorrow. They deserve a break.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 03:23 PM
Here we go.
They got the writer to say something...

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=1832509

Quote:
I understand that being in the queue is frustrating. I've had similar experiences in other games.

However, there are *a lot* of people trying to play right now, and we are doing our best to keep the server stable so that as many people as possible get the best play experience as possible.

"Adding servers" is nowhere near as simple as running down to Fry's or Best Buy and buying more boxes. If it were, it would be done.

But believe me, we are working on the problem. And the queue is one way to do that -- beta testers asked for it, and we added it.

Plesae be patient. These issues will be sorted out.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Not to be a jerk, but shouldn't they be working this weekend? This is head start. This is the first taste of their game that people who are paying will get.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 03:26 PM
You got your "Official" response, now pipe down.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 03:28 PM
I doubt seriously they'd give everyone the day off at the SAME time they open head start. That makes no logical sense. My guess is they're all to busy actually trying to fix whatever is wrong to take the time to chat about it. Or, they're currently under a communication black out while they figure out what is wrong, how to fix it, and how to tell people.

Personally, I think commo blackouts are rarely a good idea. What gets people really angry is not knowing what is going on. So a few messages to update us on the situation would be helpful. The problem is....there are SO MANY EFFING SPAM POSTS right now covering the exact same thing, sometimes from the same people, that even if a dev DID make an announcement it'd be swiftly swallowed up. Thank the gods for devtracker.

Now if only they'd post something....<LOL>.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
*shrug*
What would you like them to say?

"Sorry, we know about it and are working on it."
Also, telling us when load would be reduced would not help. Think of it this way...

Let's say they tell us "We are buying servers and will have 2 new ones installed on February 10". That means that many of the players would stop playing on the 10th. This would provide the network operations guys with inaccurate data at launch. Accounting for that would be very difficult. Right now they KNOW how many people are trying to log in and can use that information as well as what they get on launch day to buy the correct number of servers required for smooth operation.

Wow a level headed person that makes sense
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
*shrug*
What would you like them to say?

"Sorry, we know about it and are working on it."
Also, telling us when load would be reduced would not help. Think of it this way...

Let's say they tell us "We are buying servers and will have 2 new ones installed on February 10". That means that many of the players would stop playing on the 10th. This would provide the network operations guys with inaccurate data at launch. Accounting for that would be very difficult. Right now they KNOW how many people are trying to log in and can use that information as well as what they get on launch day to buy the correct number of servers required for smooth operation.
A company with a well known MMOrpg background shouldn't need anymore time then Beta testing to realize their player load on servers. The saying is " You rather have more than not enough" and in business this is they key to making the customers happy. Look at any large business type, Gas, Cigarettes, Fast food, what if you went to the gas station and had to wait in line for 2 hours and then they were like sorry pals we don't have gas here. Or rather, you pay for some fries at Mcdonalds, wait 45 minutes in line and the fries weren't cooked? You get my point, your arguement is moot. Game companies have enough bank roll, especially well established ones like Cryptic, to more than have the servers up properly 2 days before launch. I think with the server issues ontop of the totally unfinished game they may end up being the big losers in this. Players will wait for game fixes but they won't wait to play. It's that simple. Now hush with the stupid defense of a very rich company not doing what their customers are paying for.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Queuing system? I haven't had to queue to get in on Headstart at all (If that's what's being referred to by 'Queuing') - I do agree the downtime seems strange and Tuesday could be interesting, but i'm not really one to rant, so im not going to go off on one about anything just yet.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsbane View Post
The REASON some of us are angry us because WE'RE GENERATION ENTITLEMENT!
Fixed. You're welcome.