Lt. Commander
# 1 Plea for better communication
01-31-2010, 01:28 AM
Dear Cryptic,

I want to say I think you have done a tremendous job at developing a fun and inventive MMO that gives justtice to the name Star Trek. I also understand that there will be down time and unexpected outages, especially as the game grows out of it's infancy. I can appreciate how hard it is to setup and maintain a server farm, load balance the servers, stress test and correct unexpected bugs.

The one thing I can't understand is how you can have such a lack of communication with your dedicated players as to the state of the game when such unexpected outages occur. A little love goes a long way, especially when a game is new. Now not everyone is going to be happy no matter how well you communicate, but many of us would be more than understanding to know something when these problems arise.

Many of us anxiously awaited the start of this game for quite a long time, and many of us set some time aside so we may enjoy this game during headstart and launch. Again, I understand unexpected things come up, but giving us some useful information and keep us in the loop.

It's amazing how much people appreciate some straight forward honesty.

-Abrexus
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Please, oh please give us an update on the random crash to login issue.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:17 PM
Communication? First Cryptic game?

If we even get the standard copy and paste by tomorrow morning we'll be lucky.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 04:18 PM
lol. this is what the developers think about us. (call someone who cares)

............._@@@__
.... ___//___?____\________
..../--o-----CARE-POLICE----@}
.....`==={@}=====+===={@}--'
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Dear [insert name here],
We are very sorry for this inconvenience and are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. We understand your frustration and appreciate your patience. I can assure you that we are working to resolve the issues with [insert problem/bug here] as we write this and expect to have it resolved soon. Until then please feel free to view the Products section of our website for even more choices of fun, involved, stable, and initiative games that have come to be the standard of Cryptic. Have a nice day, [insert name here], and thank you for playing Star Trek Online.

^^ I used to work customer service. Can you tell?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh800 View Post
Dear [insert name here],
We are very sorry for this inconvenience and are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. We understand your frustration and appreciate your patience. I can assure you that we are working to resolve the issues with [insert problem/bug here] as we write this and expect to have it resolved soon. Until then please feel free to view the Products section of our website for even more choices of fun, involved, stable, and initiative games that have come to be the standard of Cryptic. Have a nice day, [insert name here], and thank you for playing Star Trek Online.

^^ I used to work customer service. Can you tell?
LOL

Yeah, I especially like the part that says visit our website and spend more money while you can't play the game you already paid for