Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 03:31 PM
The command is "/powerhue 0 X", where X is some number between 0 and 360. And yes, it's most likely unintended, but is not a developer-only command. All the menu options and commands in STO (and CO) have a slash command, and /powerhue is the command that gets called when you change power colors in CO, it's just prettied up by the color slider there.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohpsycho View Post
It's something from CO that allowed you to change the color of your powers. It was intended in CO. Dunno about STO.
I know the GUIs in CO let you change your power colors in CO but I never knew about the command line command /powerhue to do it. Then again it seems reasonable that such a command exists there. I honestly didn't play CO long enough to look into it.

As for whether it was intended for STO remains to be seen. I tend to think it isn't because the weapons here are supposed to be a little more "set in stone" than a person's powers in a superhero game. Bottomline I'm not going to assume it will remain in this game forever.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magitek View Post
The command is "/powerhue 0 X", where X is some number between 0 and 360. And yes, it's most likely unintended, but is not a developer-only command. All the menu options and commands in STO (and CO) have a slash command, and /powerhue is the command that gets called when you change power colors in CO, it's just prettied up by the color slider there.
When City of Villains launched the Devs left a "/cov 1" command in the live build which let people have access to all the CoV costumes whether you were meant to or not. It was eventually removed from the live build.

Just because a command line command exists doesn't necessarily mean players are supposed to have access to it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothic View Post
Just because a command line command exists doesn't necessarily mean players are supposed to have access to it.
Doesn't mean we can't have fun in the meantime If I can play that is.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despriox
Doesn't mean we can't have fun in the meantime If I can play that is.
Sure never said not to have fun with it right now.
Just don't be mad if it disappears one day without a word from the Devs. :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothic View Post
When City of Villains launched the Devs left a "/cov 1" command in the live build which let people have access to all the CoV costumes whether you were meant to or not. It was eventually removed from the live build.

I wasn't saying that. I was saying that it's not a developer-only command. It's a leftover command from CO, where it's perfectly legitimate for players to use (mostly for things like changing power colors on the fly via binds).
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 03:45 PM
how do you access the command console in sto ?
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 03:47 PM
Careful with this command, it may get you into trouble.

You may have notioced that each beam has a secondary ability. The color of the beam shows the target what could happen to them. Devs may consider it an exlpoit and may spank naughty people. Also, publishing this kind of info on the forums may get you in trouble too. Careful.

That being said, who says ya need the pre-order Conny Clasws to get blue phasers, blue phasers ftW!
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magitek View Post
I wasn't saying that. I was saying that it's not a developer-only command. It's a leftover command from CO, where it's perfectly legitimate for players to use (mostly for things like changing power colors on the fly via binds).
You're right. Calling it a "Dev only" command was inaccurate as far as CO and STO are concerned. What I meant to say to be more clear is that in CO it's probably a "command that's OK for players to have access to" whereas in STO I suspect it's a "command players aren't supposed to have access to".

But if it's a command that ultimately players will not be able to use in STO that would retroactively make it a "Dev only" command for STO.