Lt. Commander
# 1 Omg look at champions forum
01-31-2010, 03:27 PM
i just took a look at champions forums and they are having issues as well.I wounder if they are sharring servers and or bandwidth?If so you guys are some cheap ass basterds.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 03:27 PM
The account system is shared. Something Blizzard, Mythic, and SOE also do (from personal experience).
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkie View Post
i just took a look at champions forums and they are having issues as well.I wounder if they are sharring servers and or bandwidth?If so you guys are some cheap ass basterds.
I'm fairly sure bandwidht/router infrastructure is shared. There are 4 elements that often seem to have concurrent issues: CO server, CO website/forums, STO server, STO forums (Certaily yesterday these forums were laggin like crazy as the server died).
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 03:28 PM
They share the same account server and chat servers, I believe. As the same account is used for both games and you can chat to people on CO, through player made chat channels.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
They share the same account server and chat servers, I believe. As the same account is used for both games and you can chat to people on CO, through player made chat channels.
Yeah that was a huge problem during Closed beta because people were able to have people from CO talking to them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 03:48 PM
The problem in CB beta was you could chat about STO, with people in CO. Which was against the NDA. Other than that there wasn't any problem.