Lt. Commander
I know a great many of you probably don't know this because you weren't in CB but I am a little upset that these features have been changed in the ship Customization:

1. Colorization was part specific. You could colorize the nacells differently than say the pylons. It was something I liked because I preferred some colors to be applied to a section but didn't want too much of it over the whole ship. While the patterns are good and switching them sometimes flips the colors, it doesn't work for the whole ship.

2. Escape Pods used (very briefly) to be changeable instead of being linked to windows. So if you preferred the square as opposed to the hexagonal-triangular designs for a given ship you could get them regardless of window preference.

3. Fleet Logo Colorization was separate (comes out of number 1 I guess but could be considered separate).

4. Marquis and Vulcan symbols are gone. Now I don't like the Marquis, but it was kind'a interesting that you could carry those banners instead of the generic UFP. So if you were a Science Vessel and wanted to RP a Vulcan Science Academy ship you could do so easily. Yet their should only be UFP, Vulcan, and few others, perhaps Sect. 31, Corps of Engineers, Starfleet Science, Starfleet Medical, that sort of thing.

Yet there is another thing nagging me from the start. The unifying logo on all Starfleet vessels since the TOS Movies is missing. Yet it is on Runabouts in hangars, the stripes are on top of the nacells of the Galaxy, but... the Starfleet Arrowhead Logo is completely missing from all starships. What I'd like is that it come back and changeable like escape pods with the TOS series, TOS Movies/TNG, and TNG Movies era. It was kind-of a staple that says the ship is part of Starfleet. And all Federation ships are in Starfleet...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 12:34 PM
/signed
10 characters
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 12:36 PM
I really want to be able to take the UFP symbol off my hull.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Id
I really want to be able to take the UFP symbol off my hull.
And you should be able too, I agree.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 12:37 PM
The Maquis don't exist anymore as of VOY.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Hate the UFP symbol. Hate windows locked to escape pods. The square pods suck but the triangular ones come windows I don't like.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 12:40 PM
Yes. I wondered where the arrowhead was, myself.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasidy
The Maquis don't exist anymore as of VOY.
I know which is why I basically stated that few emblems should be choose-able, namely, Vulcan, Starfleet Corps of Engineers, Science Team etc. I'm really shocked that with all the credit Cryptic gets for giving massive customization options, that the ship customization has shrunk from what I do remember.