Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
So... you'd prefer them not fix things in a timely manner?

You ***** when things are broke... you ***** when things get worked on...
Do us a favor and cancel your subscription, return your game, and crawl back into your mother's womb.
OOO - that was bloody harsh wasnt it?

And, I might add, extremely unjustified.

Why applaud them for TURNING THE GAME OFF to fix something that shouldnt be broken in the first place? Im not advocating hurling vlie abuse at them, but conversely im not sitting here applauding them.

They would be worthy of applause if they could actually keep the servers up for 12 hours in a row.

Why all that abuse aimed at me?
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 03:56 PM
this is stupid why the hell do they have a head start when the servers keep going down during prim time play how in there right mind takes a server down for anything at 7pm sunday night i left champions because of server crap like this i love this game but will not pay money for a game they dont keep up
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 03:56 PM
My only comment is that it's not like Cryptic doesn't know how to run an MMO, they have 3 other currently running...and for the servers on a "head start" to constantly be down at this point does not bode well.
I'm all for getting fixes in the mix, but c'mon guys, this is a little silly. It's gone down at least twice a day each day since the headstart began. Coallate the fixes, take a point in time ONCE a day, and deploy.
Some of us won't get to play all the time come Monday, we have jobs. Weekends are our best times to play, and that's not possible at this rate.
That said, thanks for getting stuff fixed. Hopefully, come live date, it won't be up and down and up and down. It's just for now as it's getting geared up.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 03:57 PM
haha
I listen to all these people, and can't help but laugh. It's not even really the first week of the game's launch.
There will be issues.

I'm glad for the downtime. It shows they are aware of many issues and devoted to taking the time to get them fixed in a timely manner, as opposed to waiting and letting the issues fester.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Getting annoying.

Closted Beta

game crashes, long load times bugs bugs bugs,server going down all the time.
Its closed beta, what do you expect.

Open Beta, crashes, long load times bugs bugs, sever going down every time you turn around.

What do you expect its open beta.

Head Start, crashes, long load times, bugs bugs, server going down every time you turn around.
What do you expect its first week of launch.

LMAO when do you start expecting more then bugs crashing, and server going down all the time.

Maybe a year from now, jeez, what is closed and open beta for.

Game come out way way to early.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 03:59 PM
Honestly if they brought the servers down until launch on Tuesday and they are able to fix the server crash issues, I'll take it. I am having fun in game, but it is a little frustrating. Somehow I don't think this is how Cryptic imagined things going so far.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimrev View Post
Getting annoying.

Closted Beta

game crashes, long load times bugs bugs bugs,server going down all the time.
Its closed beta, what do you expect.

Open Beta, crashes, long load times bugs bugs, sever going down every time you turn around.

What do you expect its open beta.

Head Start, crashes, long load times, bugs bugs, server going down every time you turn around.
What do you expect its first week of launch.

LMAO when do you start expecting more then bugs crashing, and server going down all the time.

Maybe a year from now, jeez, what is closed and open beta for.

Game come out way way to early.
this is greet why o put it i understand every server is going to crash every now and then but good this is supose to be live not beta if they cant keep the servers up now what are they going to do when every one hits it in a few days
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 04:06 PM
yes, it's annoying that the servers crash, and yes, it woulda been nice if everything ran smooth at headstart. But it's not, and their looking at eachother wide-eyed trying to work things out. This however for us is concidered a bad thing. But it's not, they have to bring it down to reconfigure it in hope of better results. THEY TOO are hoping for a smooth launch.

It would be nice if they gave notice(which they have a couple times), but I remember when CO had problems we got a notice in plain english, rather personal like,..... hey guys, this is what happened, we didn't expect the large turnout in beta, and are working on bringing new servers online as soon as possible, we regret that this will take aprox. 2 hours, we appreciate your ..........yada yada yada....

CRYPTIC, make it so !

Prime Directive
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidel View Post
OOO - that was bloody harsh wasnt it?

And, I might add, extremely unjustified.
Heh, you further justify it with this post....

Quote:
They would be worthy of applause if they could actually keep the servers up for 12 hours in a row.
... because stability depends on them fixing these problems, and to fix them now helps ensure that, in the future, you can have your 12 hours of uptime in a row.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
Heh, you further justify it with this post....

... because stability depends on them fixing these problems, and to fix them now helps ensure that, in the future, you can have your 12 hours of uptime in a row.
Sorry - where exactly was the justification for being abused?

What you said is utter rubbish. They had BETA testing to find these sorts of serious bugs - NOT when the game is live.

I repeat - applauding a compay for rank failure is plain silly. If I made these screw ups in my job and then said I would 'fix them within a couple of hours' I wouldnt be applauded, id be sacked.

Even if it was my first day, I would still have been disciplined.

So whats with the massive fanboism - applauding them for fixing something that broke? Thats their job for gods sake.

Applaud them when everything is working, Applaud them for what is a reasonably good game (When its up) but dont applaud them for turning the servers off to fix something that should have been fixed in beta.

PS - Ive reported your previous post - there is utterly no reason for that sort of abuse.