# 21
01-30-2010, 04:26 PM
bump so devs may see great thoughts
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquatic
I propose that the devs not devote time to adding things that do not contribute to actual game play. I further propose that players who want to play a social networking game, like Second Life, choose to play a social networking game, like Second Life.

Added: I just gave a second read-through of the OP, and I think these would be great ideas for a Star Trek expansion pack for The Sims 3!
here come the trolls
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquatic
I propose that the devs not devote time to adding things that do not contribute to actual game play. I further propose that players who want to play a social networking game, like Second Life, choose to play a social networking game, like Second Life.

Added: I just gave a second read-through of the OP, and I think these would be great ideas for a Star Trek expansion pack for The Sims 3!
Troll indeed. Pasquatic, if you actually read the ideas in the original post, you'd see that every one of them *does* contribute to actual gameplay and mission advancement! One of the whole points of posting this thread was to show people how it could be integrated seamlessly into advancing your complete game position.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Was JUST about to say this sounds more like The Sims and not Star Trek......The above poster beat me to it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Like I said, you would not be forced to perform these inship game tasks. It would be entirely at your discretion if you don't like things that model a sim type experience. Instead of participating in the ship interior tasks, you could simply warp directly to your mission destination and ignore the entire interior ship aspect of the game.

This would not be like the sims because there would be additional options relating to gameplay (like diplomacy, and player to player interaction), as well as a way to modify your ship and crew each mission to perform the actual ultimate mission worse or better than it otherwise would have done based upon your inship game decisions. This makes it entirely game relevant.
Lt. Commander
These are great ideas and happened to lead to mine.
The ideal of having the engineering meltdowns and other internal mission issues, could require that a personally crafted item or skill tree may be necessary to resolve the issue, also possibly furthering the need for more (character) Captain Cooperation; "One captain is having a reactor issue and needs the Dilithium crystals Character Manufactured and delivered to him...."
Just a thought..
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Occasional appearances from, who else, but Q!

Q could randomly appear (very occasionally) when performing inship tasks to spice up the drama, and add unpredictable responses to game tasks.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 05:10 PM
The more I think about this the better it gets. There are all kinds of random encounters in the exploration sectors, why couldn't there be all kinds of adventure on your own ship? The possibilities are limitless. It also puts a very good polish on the training of the Bridge Officers that we are selling on the Energy Credit markets right now.

------------------------------------
We need a single-eyebrow-raise emoticon for these forums.