Survivor of Romulus
# 101
03-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Whether or not you find it silly is irrelevant.

Quote:
You may not use the first or last names, likenesses, or other depictions of any actors appearing in, or writers, directors, or producers of the Star Trek Properties.
It is what it is.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Commander
# 102
03-18-2014, 08:21 AM
Oh, I have no clue what the copyright law actually is on this point. I'm just explaining the rules that, if you read the EULA closely, Cryptic seems to be playing by.
Career Officer
# 103
06-17-2014, 08:46 PM
Yeah... accodring to the EULA as written, you can mention (and possibly use with big workarounds) canon characters, but in virtually all cases, not portray them visually.

I'm working on such a mission - in my story, a canon character (not saying who!) gets kidnapped just before the player meets with them on their homeworld. Then they spend the rest of the mission chasing down the kidnappers and rescuing the character. The canon character is mentioned several times but never physically present (in the end, they are beamed aboard your ship while you are on the planet following a ground battle... and you are simply told that they are safely aboard).

Two other canon characters get mentioned by name (and a third has a ship named after him) but aren't present.

Last edited by westmetals; 06-17-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Ensign
# 104
08-02-2014, 05:21 AM
I wish to ask a rather daft question and I am kind of numb looking through this post.

1. Is it feasable to use accolade images within fleet signatures?
2. Is it feasable to use other images (roundals and other unit emblems) posted on this site. For example the new ships emblems (vesta is a prime example) and The Starfleet emblem posted within the news regarding the new uniforms for 9.5
Starfleet Veteran
# 105
08-02-2014, 09:43 AM
This thread is specifically about the EULA for the Foundry. You would have to go read the Forum rules for that.

@greendragoon