Lt. Commander
# 1 The crafting system
01-31-2010, 04:14 PM
I think this system is just in development at the moment. (or better i hope!)

"Easy to learn, hard to master" (MMO Rule?) should be the idea and not "Hard to learn, never to master".

Right now I need to fly/run some secs to collect a ressource. Players will think about it to invest these secs for a system which gives almost no improvements.

Give us a working system with a learning curve and some information about the development.
Atm it feels like that this 60+ (or whatever) deals should be a barrier which noone wants to see what comes behind it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Well, personally I like it the way it is. Why does everything need to be easy and fast? I'd happily make/modify 180 items before I can start T2, no problem.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:23 PM
personally i think the "crafting" system ( it's really an exchange system ) is a joke.

the items aren't worth the trouble ... you can get better ones, faster, by simply working your way through a few missions and picking up some drops.

i flat don't care what other "crafting" npc's have to offer. none of it makes sense contextually, in terms of star trek. none of the items offered in exchange are any better than what's already flooding my inventory.

Why bother?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
I have honestly never even attempted to create that garbage. It is not even crafting it is a vendor plain and simple.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Without system response? This is pain.

I ask myself, if you make a system like this.. its like to set a check in the "Standart-What-a-MMO-should-have-Box".. oO

((I know, the server problem should be a primary, this a secondary))
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 04:26 PM
The thing is by the time you can actualy get the resources needed for items you can use,you already have found better in drops or rewards. I don't know how many turn ins you need to get to the next tier but im already needing MkIv gear and i dont have resources but for a few of the mkII items. crazzy.