Lt. Commander
# 1 Spelling and Grammar
01-30-2010, 01:36 PM
While I understand that some may think of this as minor, it's really not. A product is supposed to have some form of professionalism attached to it. If the content is full of spelling and grammar errors, the product is not finished by a longshot. Plus it's just downright annoying.

I really think Cryptic needs to hire an editor to go through ALL aspects of this game. The spelling and grammar problems are obscene. This is supposed to be Star Trek-seeming somewhat intelligent is a requirement!

Additionally, I think the staff needs an English class. When there is an announcement to the players online that the downtime that will soon occur is going to last, "no more 'then' two hours," we have a problem. It's than! Not then, THAN!

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:06 PM
Once again today we had downtime. Not too bad, but, once again, the admin making the announcement said the downtime would not last more "then" an hour and thirty "minute." It's THAN!! THAN!! THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

When we are getting disappointing news, please have the admin at least use proper grammar!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spockjaw View Post
While I understand that some may think of this as minor, it's really not. A product is supposed to have some form of professionalism attached to it. If the content is full of spelling and grammar errors, the product is not finished by a longshot. Plus it's just downright annoying.

I really think Cryptic needs to hire an editor to go through ALL aspects of this game. The spelling and grammar problems are obscene. This is supposed to be Star Trek-seeming somewhat intelligent is a requirement!

Additionally, I think the staff needs an English class. When there is an announcement to the players online that the downtime that will soon occur is going to last, "no more 'then' two hours," we have a problem. It's than! Not then, THAN!

Thank you.
1.) Considering most of these devs are likely running on four hours sleep over the last five days, give them some slack if they misspell a few words.

2.) Have you any idea how long a script for a MMO is? Considering they have to write mission summaries, dialogue, weapon and item descriptions, etc., etc., they're bound to miss a few things. Rather than coming to the ignored message boards (ignored for just reasons, mind you) to complain, file a ticket and move on with your life.

3.) Of all the things going on with STO, spelling errors are near the very bottom of the list.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 04:11 PM
Amazing...

The things people find to nerdrage about.

You nerds are such inventive and creative people.

Fascinating...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spockjaw View Post

Thank you.
What do you mean American English isn't English
They have a letter called a U now
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Wow...Simply Wow...I am happy that at least there is one other person that feels the way I do about grammar and spelling. But after 15+ years on the internet and BBS's I have given up on people. They just can't spell. I have accepted this as a reality. They do not teach people to spell in schools anymore I am guessing.