Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewy View Post
Yes it is a good game when you're playing it. But i'm not playing it am I, the thing i paid for.

I'd like it to do well when it goes live so the IP continues and they continue to support and grow the game. But with service like this and communication non existant I can't see it lasting much more than a year unless ideas are bucked up. It's a Star Trek MMO for christs sake, get it right!
I'm frustrated a bit, too but remember it is Sunday evening in a post-Beta server. The first couple weeks are always going to be off and on, as with the launch of any new MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SULUFAN View Post
Oh my, GO AWAY ALREADY fan boy
In case my SACRASM was not obvious...
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 04:12 PM
I like the game and enjoy every second of uptime I get. I will happily wait in queues or for the server to restart because I have other stuff to do as well.

These threads are only full of QQers because its launching NOW.

The WoW threads were pretty much the same back in the day - But of course all that bad press crippled the game.... *cough*

As for the ''Horrible service/anyone else would have been fired'' - Clearly these people have never had to phone BT or deal with Barclays Bank.

And its hardly the worst launch ever - I recall some Apollo Missions that didnt do too well and you didnt see NASA getting shut down.

And remember kiddies;

Ah ne'er so dire a Thirst of Glory boast,
Nor in the Critick let the Man be lost!
Good-Nature and Good-Sense must ever join;
To err is human, to forgive divine.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 04:13 PM
I don't blame the staff at Cryptic. I imagine everyone is working as hard as they can.

But Cryptic management? They tried to squeeze this out on the cheap. This is a logistics fail, by jackass executives trying to maximize profit on a minimal investment in infrastructure.

More logins than they anticipated? They sold us the f-ing keys. What, they figured people would buy the product and not try to log in?

Hate all you want on Cryptic management, and then some. And if you want to get back at them, write the nastiest most blistering reviews of their incompetence anywhere you can. Hopefully those f-cks will be taking a hit on their stock options for this stupidity.

But don't beat up on the working staff. They're victims in this as much as you are.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landmass
I don't blame the staff at Cryptic. I imagine everyone is working as hard as they can.

But Cryptic management? They tried to squeeze this out on the cheap. This is a logistics fail, by jackass executives trying to maximize profit on a minimal investment in infrastructure.

More logins than they anticipated? They sold us the f-ing keys. What, they figured people would buy the product and not try to log in?

Hate all you want on Cryptic management, and then some. And if you want to get back at them, write the nastiest most blistering reviews of their incompetence anywhere you can. Hopefully those f-cks will be taking a hit on their stock options for this stupidity.

But don't beat up on the working staff. They're victims in this as much as you are.
Well, since the game has been in development for 4+ years, they probably had no choice but to launch the game by the February deadline, otherwise risk burying STO in the Development Graveyard with so many other hyped titles that failed to launch.