Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 04:21 PM
This is normal Cryptic response. Nothing. This is always their response to problems. I should have known better than to think they were anything close to being truthful after Klingon month
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn830 View Post
I have no idea what they're doing (I'm not sure they do either). On a completely unrelated note, I see that you're a member of the 501st, which is just awesome. I have a friend who belongs to some local chapter.
"USS ST Online Server shakedown report. I think this new server was put together by monkeys!, well she has a fine engine but half the scritps dont work and guess whos job it is to make it righ?!"
(Montgomery Scott) ST 5 The Final Frontier. (Sort of).

Yes, just not done anything with them for some time now, but thank's appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Errrm?

You know Headstart is free? once we start paying I guess we have every right for compensation but I think Cryptic have stated not too long ago that they had to 'rush order' lots of new hardware due to the popularity of STO.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 04:26 PM
"Lets see what she's got, said Cryptic!! the we found out didn't we!"
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 04:27 PM
wait till you have to deal with support... ha, good luck.

I have contacted billing and support for 3 issues, all 3 were un resolved.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 04:28 PM
It's annoying. Hopefully they're fixing the problems - of which there are many.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Also, the almost non-existent communication that Cryptic has had with players on these server issues is extremely frustrating. (bump)
Maybe because they can't be arsed by the thousands complaints over the same issue and are actually trying to figure out WHY it doesn't work while whiny customers from all ends are whinning nonstop.

If it were for me I'd ignore y'all too..
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slough-3yeZ
Maybe because they can't be arsed by the thousands complaints over the same issue and are actually trying to figure out WHY it doesn't work while whiny customers from all ends are whinning nonstop.

If it were for me I'd ignore y'all too..
If you have thousands of complaints, you are doing something wrong. Communication with the customer is more important that the product. If you haven't learned this, you are too young to be running a company.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
I sat through the open beta and all its glitches. I offered plenty of criticism but it was always constructive. I understood that this is a game in progress. I've put up with everything and kept playing until now.

A queue? In the thousands? Before launch?

The bugs, the crashes, the gaps in content- these were all understandable. But this is insane. The only real response to this from Cryptic that I've seen so far is that 'a lot of people are trying to log on right now'. Once again, this is before launch. Tomorrow we're going to see thousands more trying to log on. What do you think will happen when all these players see that they're #2000 in a queue line? Or #5000? Or #10000?

Up until this point people have had the option to cancel their pre-orders. That's gone starting tomorrow. That 'a lot of people' is going to be pretty angry that they just spent $50-$80 on a game they can't play.

The fact is, there is only one server. It has crashed repeatedly and now this. Seeing as how overload was a problem back in the open beta, the fact that this might be a reality on launch day is inexcusable. I understand completely that doing this things take time and are not a quick fix. I know that this line of work isn't easy, or else I'd be designing STO myself. But if the developers do need more time, if the game is released when it isn't ready yet, that is once again inexcusable. If you need more time delay the game.

I sincerely hope that this can be resolved soon and that this entire rant - as well as all the others - turns out to be unnecessary. But if that isn't the case, Cryptic is going to be facing 'a lot' of angry people.

Stopped reading after....

"I sat through open beta and all its glitches."

ZOMG! Are you serious buddy?

0_o