Lt. Commander
# 31
01-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Cryptic has said that they underestimated the load that we as players have put on the game and servers. It has also been mentioned before that other mmo launches we were worse and they were. That isn't being said as an excuse just as a reminder that nothing ever goes exactly as planned in the world of gaming.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-31-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amonaug
This is the second time TODAY!

WTH are they going to do come Tues, take the server down every freaking day?!

Maybe I'm spoiled by Turbine but DDO and LotRO launch went pretty smooth.
Actually this is the 4th time today the server has gone down. If I'm spoiled, so be it. I am a customer.
I am not being communicated with. I am not receiving a service I am paying money for.

I am feeling ripped off.

Period.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
Cryptic has said that they underestimated the load that we as players have put on the game and servers. It has also been mentioned before that other mmo launches we were worse and they were. That isn't being said as an excuse just as a reminder that nothing ever goes exactly as planned in the world of gaming.
Obviously Paramount underestimated Cryptic's ability to make estimations, a pity.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchback
Actually this is the 4th time today the server has gone down. If I'm spoiled, so be it. I am a customer.
I am not being communicated with. I am not receiving a service I am paying money for.

I am feeling ripped off.

Period.
They've actually told you why, do you want every single detail of why?
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
Underestimated the load, eh? Didn't anybody at Cryptic know about the whole size of the fan base that surrounds Star Trek? I'm sure there's someone there that's at least heard of Star Trek, the five series based on it, all the movies, at least been to one convention, etc...? This is what happens when a company gets hold of a popular IP, and has absolutely no clue as to the hoards of people that follow that IP. Just wait till a Dr. Who game gets in the works, now there's a HUGE fan base that will be underestimated. Underestimated! Might as well said "Hey, we had no idea that Star Trek was this popular!" C'mon, only someone that's lived under a rock for the last 43 years wouldn't have at least an idea that it was hugely popular, and would at least do some research on that popularity so they would be ready for the hoards of barbarians they would have at their gates.

I'll be here to play the game, when I can, granted the servers are up, but the whole situation has gone from 'it's beta' to being completely pathetic.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-31-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarioth
So much for head start. So, what happened to that hardware they were suppose to rush order?
It's still sitting in the cartons waiting for some one to unpack/plug in. Bill Roper: "What's in those boxes over there? Oh crap!".