Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
Today I ran one of the non-combat missions, and I was struck at the irony of my pint-sized Vulcan female tactical officer toting around her 4-1/2 foot long cannon like the Marine gal in "Aliens." I'm sure the shrubberies were impressed. Granted, if it's a diplomatic mission it may help make an impression if the person you're talking to is staring down four barrels of smoking instant death. But it's not exactly a Star Trek sorta image.

A few of us were talking about this in Fleet channel today, and one excellent suggestion came up: Have the BOs beam down with weapons holstered. If you click any of the "combat" icons (My Target, Attack Mode, whatever) let them pull them out. Or if they're set to "standby" have the weapons pop out when they try to initiate an attack.

For a mission without any military targets whatsoever, having them tote around Massive Cannons of Death seems not only awkward but very un-Trek-like.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 05:33 PM
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinmeister View Post
As you can holster your own weapon, the best way would be if your BOs just copied whatever you did.

I like this idea, your BO's take their ques from their boss!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 05:37 PM
Quote:
As you can holster your own weapon, the best way would be if your BOs just copied whatever you did.
I could live with this. Even if somebody created a "DOOOOOM" post because they clicked the holster button, couldn't figure out how to fix it, and got a team wipe. Laugh now, but you KNOW it would happen.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 06:02 PM
i like this idea however this is more of a gimmick and with all thats going with STO on the doorstep of being release i doubt it will be put in BUT its still a good idea
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 06:06 PM
I like this idea too. I also would like the ability to "cloak" my armour. Yes I want the benefits of wearing it... but I happen to like my tailoring too, and would like to wander around not constantly looking like a shock trooper.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwalchavad View Post
I also would like the ability to "cloak" my armour. Yes I want the benefits of wearing it... but I happen to like my tailoring too, and would like to wander around not constantly looking like a shock trooper.
You can do this already. Right click on the armor item in the character view and select "hide under costume" or something like that
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:

That would work great. Just like already they crouch when I do. It would be nice to have the holster action tied together as well.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heisenfram
You can do this already. Right click on the armor item in the character view and select "hide under costume" or something like that
That's really useful... thanks! I thought there should be something, after all you can hide helmets and cloaks in general for other mmorpgs.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 10:42 PM
Quote:
This would be great idea