Is STO set up so that the community can make add-ons to enhance the game experience?
Add-ons I would like to see....
1. An Auction add on that tracks prices, etc.
2. An add-on that tracks your victories, and keeps tabs on how many of each ship class you destroy.
3. An add-on that tracks how many explore missions you have done.
4. An add-on that organizes your active missions better -- to me, the log is a bit confusing....
5. An add-on that allows you to post notes to the map, etc.
6. An add-on that tells you if a Deep Space Encounter is currently active or is on cool-down waiting for a respawn.
Just some ideas...I am not sure if STO is set up to take on Add-Ons like some other MMOs are...but it is a thought...
trend with MMO's is just to give players more customization with the UI, blizzard at one point get in over their heads with add-on's and had to change the nature of what they allow and making a bunch of them un-usable. A lot of companies looked at that, so i doubt you will see much in the way of add-on's for future MMO's