Lt. Commander
# 1 The Reality
01-31-2010, 04:28 PM
Don't deny it. The reality is that EVERY MMO has a rocky start.

Some big examples for me:

SWG - Servers were down for at least the first two days and I'm not talking like STO where there are windows to play, I'm talking DOWN the entire time. Anyone who actually played on day one should remember sitting in the patch windows chat program and the whining that insued.

WoW - Servers were up and down for the first month or so. Constantly being patched and hot fixed. The first day you couldn't even LOOT in the game because the database servers couldn't handle the massive amount of information.

Fact - Blizzards launch of WoW was so bad, they actually GAVE free time to people.

Vanguard - Servers were constantly down, lag was horrible, the game wasn't even close to finished. Some continents only lasted for the first 15 levels. HUGE parts of the game weren't in, like dungeons with viable loot, classes were cut, crafting was broken, diplomacy was half in but half assed.

So yeah, if you're going to cry about the servers, I suggest you come back in a month when all the people who have patience and kahonas have waited it out and ironed out all the bugs for you so you can stop whining in our ears.

If anyone else has any examples, feel free to add.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Damn... my post STARTED on page 2 because there are so many QQ posts.